The MT-07 Forum

Wilbers USA emulsion shock (640-1141-xx)

pattonme

The shock (product info, forum posting + pics) is available as an emulsion (640) series only.

Lengths: stock, +25mm, -20mm, -40mm (seat height change)
Features: rebound, preload
Extras: [ul type=disc][*]remote preload adjuster (+205)[*]height adjustment (+80)[/ul]
Base pricing: $529 450

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I get the sneaking feeling that this might be my next part order once I get some seat time with the new forks. Is there a lead time on orders or do you stock a few @pattonme

I'm not rich enough to tie up my personal money in inventory. And small-business loans aren't exactly cheap despite the zero-bound interest scheme being employed world-wide. (any finance guys here?)

Lead time is claimed to be 3 weeks. But with the year end holidays I don't know if they'll adhere to that.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I'm not rich enough to tie up my personal money in inventory. And small-business loans aren't exactly cheap despite the zero-bound interest scheme being employed world-wide. (any finance guys here?) 
Lead time is claimed to be 3 weeks. But with the year end holidays I don't know if they'll adhere to that.
Fair enough,can't say I fault you on that...I repair arcade/pinball machines as a hobby/side cash and my friends are always asking why I don't open a shop/arcade. Its that damn start up and overhead. 

Definitely something I will look into once you work your magic on the forks and I get some seat time in and dialed.

• 7 months later...

Matt, Is that an actual "emulsion shock" ie. it isn't a de carbon compression gas piston setup and has air in the oil reservoir? A shock in the )& position with air in the reservoir wouldn't work properly because of the positioning.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

AlbatrossCafe

Ooh... +25mm? I didn't even think about raising the bike. That would be great for a tall guy like myself, right? I have 2 questions:

1. Is it +25mm usable shock length (do you get more suspension travel out of it?)
2. When you say "shock" do you mean the whole coilover assembly (shock + spring), and if so, can we specify our weight/spring rate?

1. Is it +25mm usable shock length (do you get more suspension travel out of it?) 2. When you say "shock" do you mean the whole coilover assembly (shock + spring), and if so, can we specify our weight/spring rate?
no, the overall travel is the same. the rod (or body?) is just longer. yes any (reasonable) spring rate can be specified. I'll ask @gregjet but it should be a floating piston type but all the documentation just says "emulsion'. The Hyperpro uses the same language, but both grades for the FZ07 have remote reservoirs.

The issue with both the Hyperpro and Wilbers is you pretty much have to get the remote preload adjuster which adds $200 to the tab unless you want to spend a good amount of time trying to get at the rings. If you set it and never touch it, fine, but if you want to make changes with any kind of frequency I think you'll desperately want that feature.

You can get a de-carbon shock with rings at both ends from K-Tech for same/less money as the base model of the Wilbers/Hyperpro. Also K-Tech can come as +15mm length (-6/+4) vs the regular street version by using the longer shock body.
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived