The MT-07 Forum

What level41 doesn't like about the fz-07

level41

After a year of ownership (and only 1200 miles), my 3 biggest gripes are:

1.) Jerky throttle response in low gears
2.) Down shifts can be brutal if you don't rev match
3.) Saddle kinda sucks on rides longer than 1 hour

#'s 1 & 3 can be easily corrected but I'm not that worried about it.

Do i still love this bike and recommend it? Absolutely.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a change of heart.

1. I dislike it because it doesn't have a computer screen for a windshield. How am I suppose to chat on my morning rides without my pc?!!
2. I like washing my hands once in awhile when they get sweaty and I shouldn't have to pull into a gas station to use their ultra nasty bathrooms. This bike should've came with a folding sink that stashes inside one of the air scoops or under the seat. My poor hands!
3. It didn't come with a doggy treat dispenser! I like giving my dog rides and he gets hungry. Am I expected to stop my bike and feed him in some strange parking lot where bums approach me and ask me for money or if they can have my dog?!
4. This bike needs a sippy cup holder. Every time I ride I get thirsty and a sippy cup would've taken care of that! Instead I have to pull into a gas station to get a drink.
5. Why isn't there a tippy-toe wind blocker?! My morning rides are cooler and I stay fairly warm except for my lil piggies, there's no piggy fairing and they get cold, not to mention the buffeting keeps knocking my smallest piggy on the outside against the other and they're both tired of the head banging.
6. A mini cooler would've been nice but instead I'm expected to eat fast food, as if I don't have a big enough gut already! It's a conspiracy!

I'm selling this stupid bike and going back to riding in the dirt where manufacturers care about people and things are normal. ;)

Beemer

9- It doesn't look anything like a Brutale 800 Dragster
Hey now, I have to take exception to this one. Yesterday my wife smacked me in the head, so I ran and hid in the garage (Yes, I have no man card). I swear that when I squinted, my FZ-07 Raven looked just like a Brutale 800 Dragster, at least for a minute...until the concussion wore off.  :D

I think some people don't understand what this topic is about.
It's about dislikes on the FZ, nothing else.

Yes, my list is large, but why would one assume that therefore I don't like the bike?
There's plenty of bullet points to like the bike, but not mentioned, because this is not the thread for it.
Why does it mean that I automatically dislike the bike, just because I gave valid points?

There are things I don't care about, and things I do. One thing more:

The handlebars can't be easily raised due to the stupid speedo mounts!
They are about 2 in too low for me.
Also, the handlebars tilt inward. Good if you're a 4' person, but at 6', my wrists need to bend outward by about 10-20 degrees, and I'm not fond of that.

More complaining, and I'll add more points why the FZ is less than the perfect bike.

9- It doesn't look anything like a Brutale 800 Dragster
Hey now, I have to take exception to this one. Yesterday my wife smacked me in the head, so I ran and hid in the garage (Yes, I have no man card). I swear that when I squinted, my FZ-07 Raven looked just like a Brutale 800 Dragster, at least for a minute...until the concussion wore off.  :D
Dude, wtf?! You don't run away, you scoop her up in your arms and throw her on a soft bed. She needs (and craves) 'good' ;) punishment! Nuff said. (sorry, he needed saving, had to go there) 

Beemer

Guest 2wheeler
I think some people don't understand what this topic is about. It's about dislikes on the FZ, nothing else.

Yes, my list is large, but why would one assume that therefore I don't like the bike?
There's plenty of bullet points to like the bike, but not mentioned, because this is not the thread for it.
Why does it mean that I automatically dislike the bike, just because I gave valid points?

Also, the handlebars tilt inward. Good if you're a 4' person, but at 6', my wrists need to bend outward by about 10-20 degrees, and I'm not fond of that.

More complaining, and I'll add more points why the FZ is less than the perfect bike.
Granted the topic of this thread is "Biggest  Cons of the FZ-07" (which you created).... what you are not getting is that the people that frequent this forum actually like/love their FZ-07. You actually appear to HATE your FZ, and like to spew your venomous hated out for all of us to see.  
Granted, the FZ has a few issues, but what bike doesn't. I can't help but think of the first timer to this forum who is considering buying a FZ-07. If I were that person, and read your rants about why and how the FZ-07 is a complete piece of crap, I would never consider buying the bike. That would be a shame as the FZ is a great bike! I am not over exaggerating the level of hatred you are kicking out.

Which leads me to two questions....

1. Do you even own a FZ-07?
2. Would you consider somebody who goes to a specialty forum, and rags non-stop about how bad the focus of the forum is, a complete and total troll?

Cruizin may give me grief over this post, but somebody needs to say - cut the crap!

Dude, wtf?! You don't run away, you scoop her up in your arms and throw her on a soft bed. She needs (and craves) 'good' ;) punishment! Nuff said. (sorry, he needed saving, had to go there)

While you may be right and I definitely  appreciate the save...if I had done that, then I would not have noticed by bike's resemblance to the 800 Brutale Dragster. That, in my opinion saves the FZ-07 from all of it's well known faults and my bike is back on it's pedestal...because I had no idea this bike was not perfect before I purchased it.

See, my fictional account was altruistic. Ahem! lol.

I think some people don't understand what this topic is about.It's about dislikes on the FZ, nothing else.

Granted the topic of this thread is "Biggest  Cons of the FZ-07" (which you created).... what you are not getting is that the people that frequent this forum actually like/love their FZ-07. You actually appear to HATE your FZ, and like to spew your venomous hated out for all of us to see.  
Granted, the FZ has a few issues, but what bike doesn't. I can't help but think of the first timer to this forum who is considering buying a FZ-07. If I were that person, and read your rants about why and how the FZ-07 is a complete piece of crap, I would never consider buying the bike. That would be a shame as the FZ is a great bike! I am not over exaggerating the level of hatred you are kicking out.

Which leads me to two questions....

1. Do you even own a FZ-07?
2. Would you consider somebody who goes to a specialty forum, and rags non-stop about how bad the focus of the forum is, a complete and total troll?

Cruizin may give me grief over this post, but somebody needs to say - cut the crap!

What a stupid assumption you make, by even questioning me, when I posted my FZ pics on the forum even!And the reason I created this thread is because every site out there raves on about the good of the bike. But not a single bad thing is said, unless the things that aren't true.
Like (paraphrased) "the bike is not good for taller people, due to the leg position".
Yes it is! I'm 6'3" and have absolutely zero problems with my knees and the tank, or any other leg problems. My problems are with the handlebars still being too far away for me. 

I think you're getting too heated up. This is a perfectly valid thread; and everyone with the least bit of IQ, knows that every bike, every car, every gadgetry of whatever kind, has pros and cons.
This thread is to balance out the positive raving of the bike.

Wait until you read other bike forums. There's plenty of bad talked about the Suzuki GS500F for instance on their forums.
Forums are not for hyped up people who want to sell a bike.
In my opinion it should offer you a well balanced view on the product it's talking about.
And if you feel this thread is unfair, create your own thread with 'what do you like about your FZ-07', if that doesn't already exist.

This thread is 100% valid. 
And a lot of the cons can be fixed with aftermarket things.
If Yamaha would read this thread, they would probably thank me for creating it.
Because a smart man uses that information to better their product.
A fool can only see it as a way to bash the product.

If people keep getting pissy, I'll nuke this entire thread into the cosmos.

Keep in mind folks, we are talking about a $6,999 motorcycle. In fact some only pay $6,700, if they know how to dicker.

As far as Yamaha picking up our suggestions for this bike, sure, it could happen.

And then it might just become a $8,800 motorcycle. Ask the Vstrom riders how that worked out for them.

The only thing I dont like about the FZ-07 is that you have to buy it as is from a rip off dealer.

I like how Beta motorcycles does it. You can build your bike the way you want it on their website, with all the options and upgrades that you want to, pay a deposit, and then pick it up at the local dealer when ready.

That is the only way to buy a bike that is perfect for you. Until they all do this, no bike will ever be perfect for the buyer.

Hey @level41, you never answered me on the other topic, and I'm not trying to start anything, just curious. Have you ever been diagnosed with any type of spectrum disorder or do any of your family members have any spectrum disorders?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Archived