The MT-07 Forum

Chicken strips - size matters.

hippiebikerchick

• Global Moderator

That is not bad...in metric. Maybe we should switch to the metric system. It would be warmer.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
snowdriftless

Mine are about 5/8ths of an inch. I am working on making them smaller as I get more comfortable riding.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• 3 months later...
thomascrown

I have very small strips, but I think this is simply a product of riding style. If you're real stiff on the bike, you get more lean angle for any given speed. I'm more like this (more afraid of scraping my leg than scraping hard parts on the bike):

marc_knee_down_4_cut_800.jpg

This guy doesn't have any chicken strips lol:

counterlean.jpg

leaning%20diagram.jpg

• Premium Member

I go and start sanding the lil direction arrow off on the road pilot3, which is plenty for me on the nasty roads.. No knee out or anything just riding it like a dirt bike which is a mix of riding inline with the bike or riding above it and pushing it down with the random inside leg forward style....I will save the knee sliding for the track...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I spy a old style Michigan plate...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I don't know why everyone gets caught up on chicken strips. The real thing is the smile on your face when you get home.
Exactly.  
I hate the term "chicken strips". It drives riders to take more chances on corners and we don't need people getting hurt.

Be proud of your chicken strips, your pristine bike, and the satisfaction of having all your skin.

I will say once you get pronounced strips get a new tire. Cornering on chicken strips is like walking a tightrope.

• 11 months later...
Guest ChicagoAJ

Thought this would be a fun little post - the other one was about a year old so let's try a new one. I don't track my FZ and I live where it's nothing but flat, straight roads. Only a couple millimeters on each side but I'm already scraping my boots. I don't think I'll be able to get them any smaller than this...  

2prwoat.jpg

23j06k3.jpg

For someone who lives in an area with nothing but straight roads, you sure seem to have very little chicken strips...

People must think you are a madman riding in fast circles on vacant parking lots! (rofl)

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Guest ChicagoAJ
For someone who lives in an area with nothing but straight roads, you sure seem to have very little chicken strips... 
People must think you are a madman riding in fast circles on vacant parking lots! (rofl)

Ha, all the parking lots here are so tarred that they're slick as hell. No way I would do that! I do take sharp turns pretty quickly though. 

Archived