The MT-07 Forum

Chicken strips - size matters.

hippiebikerchick

• Global Moderator

I find that I am more comfortable turning right. The left turns are getting easier the more I ride though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rotaryryan24
I find that I am more comfortable turning right. The left turns are getting easier the more I ride though.

Are you right or left hand, I'm right hand. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, Just thinking out loud.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Global Moderator

I am right handed, so I guess that theory does not work. I was born in the Southern Hemisphere, so perhaps that is why I turn clockwise better :).

Look where you want to be, lean and you will be there. It's a matter of your eyes creating good lines, and you trusting that your bike can do it. And beleive me, your bike can turn on a freakin dime, and you can lean pretty darned far! Then, leaning becomes fun!

Find a large empty parking lot.

rotaryryan24

The funny thing is I didn't have this issue on my WR250X, just to clarify I'm talking about high speed corners. Like 75-80 mph on 25-30 mph corners.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

Ice on the car this morning so doubt if I will be
troubling the hero blobs till next spring, will be
riding but slightly more upright I hope.

rotaryryan24
.......would you like honey mustard or ranch with your chicken strips? ;)
I ordered the prime rib, not chicken strips ;)
2461be94081376f8a23e681df7df4ecb.jpg

You do or don't
Then your dead.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Too embarrassed to show how much strip I have left. about 1/2" on the left side and 1/8" on the right. Still learning to trust that the bike can do it and that I can recover from the tight turn. I am left handed and have a little more reservation with the left side. It doesn't help that I bent the handlebars when I dropped the bike at a stand still, so steering is a little off. Thought I was doing well till I saw your lack of strips. Gonna hit up a parking lot as suggested.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Too embarrassed to show how much strip I have left. about 1/2" on the left side and 1/8" on the right. Still learning to trust that the bike can do it and that I can recover from the tight turn. I am left handed and have a little more reservation with the left side. It doesn't help that I bent the handlebars when I dropped the bike at a stand still, so steering is a little off. Thought I was doing well till I saw your lack of strips. Gonna hit up a parking lot as suggested.
I'm going to sand mine down before I post my pic.  No one needs to know.

• Premium Member
I'm going to sand mine down before I post my pic.  No one needs to know.

Or you could say, "For a given speed, the quicker you turn your bike, the less lean angle you use."

An important point is how quick, not always how far.
:D

Everything went braap.

what a coincidence, didnt know bout chickenstrips till i was sitting outside a coffee shop today next to bike, guy pointed out i have good chickenstrip, have about 1/4" from the edge of tire.

for you guys that track these bikes, how does it do?

it is one of the big reasons i got this bike. trackable entr level bike. i am 135lbs also so it gets up n go easy. im almost at 2k miles. still building skill , hopefully do a trackday by 3k miles or who knows. Most probably infineon/sonoma raceway or laguna seca.

jason

www.youtube.com/infinion3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My chicken strips are juicy and plump. And they will remain that way, I am afraid. If you guys want, I am even willing to stand on one leg and go bock,bock,bock,bock,bock,begowwwwk.
Marco
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

I am with you Marco extra careful in sharp turns especially this time of the year wet leaves and loose gravel,always looking ahead.Now if I was at some track that would be different,but not on main roads when you got cagers on your ass you take a spill they be on top of you before you know.In my younger days grooving up in Italy I took many spills on wet roads,doing wheelies,sliding on sharp turns and most of the time was two up riding.I was lucky many times even the week before I moved to USA I got into an accident,some guy made a u turn didn't see me coming up never had chance to brake hit the car at about 60 mph flew in the air landed on the side walk ,when I got up all I wanted to do was beat the leaving crap out of this guy he was so scared didn't want to get out of his car,my front fork was bent I got off with few scratches on my knee and elbow no broken bones I was very lucky that day .Here are some chicken strips  for you guys enjoy  :) .20141021_102750_zpstphu6iyu.jpg

• Global Moderator

Those se are not chicken strips, that is a full KFC family meal ! Just kidding  :P

They should actually be called wisdom strips. Because you are wise not to try and get rid of those strips in this weather. 

Wise indeed 8-) I don't think my tires are good in cold weather(mine came with Michelin Pilot III I believe)you can feel that traction it not that good.In regards of the KFC family chicken meal :D,when the weather warms back up I might go find a nice looking parking lot and lean as much as possible or I could just use a cheese grater :)

• Premium Member

LOL.

I have like a KFC, Lees, and Popeyes buffet.

Also havent rode in about 2 years, and only have 200 miles on the bike. Lots of time left to get used to it....except its almost winter in ohio :(

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

I don't know why everyone gets caught up on chicken strips. The real thing is the smile on your face when you get home.

• Premium Member

Agreed!
But a little trash talking is fun. I claim that my chicken strips are the biggest ;)

• 3 months later...

@hippiebikerchick here ya go hun
UrNeP4y.png
BAM BOOM BAM!
CA-POW!
BOO-YA-KAH-SHAW!

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I see the light at the end of the (winter) tunnel. It is still very cold, but I am itching to ride...Chicken strips, here we go!
:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Spoke too soon. Tonight is going to be 6. Tomorrow's high (high!) is going to be 19. :(

Archived