hippiebikerchick

Chicken strips - size matters.

Guest unknown
Chicken Strips? You guys still have chicken strips?

Guest unknown
Yeah, I dragged em once then took em off when I noticed I still had some tread left at a track day. Sunday is track day number 2!

Guest MXRider
What are these chicken strips you speak of?

huskypics419004.jpg
  • Like 1

feliz
On this bike I can take it right over to the edge of the Michelins and I'm not a real aggressive rider.

qjohnson
Definitely need to take those foot peg feeler things off. Went through some pretty tight turns today and scraped them a few times. There's still a little chicken strip after that.

cassecou
My tire after trackday xD 
7c156d5ba64550415e121bc21c8cfeb3.jpg

That is some seriously soft compound. This bike should grip like glue on the turns. 

689twin
My tire after trackday xD 
7c156d5ba64550415e121bc21c8cfeb3.jpg

That is some seriously soft compound. This bike should grip like glue on the turns.
Tires are pilot road 3. They worked were well but maeby they wear too guickly.
  • Like 1

Guru
I definitely have chicken strips on my tires. I find it virtually impossible to get rid of them unless I am on a track, a closed circuit or goofing off on a parking lot.
I would have to go way to fast on a public road and lean over way to much to clean up my tires. I simply don't trust roads here to do that.
I almost always ignore the speed limit (unless I am in a town or at road work) and I do about 50 mpg so that would indicate that I don't baby the bike.
  • Like 7

ireek
For the trackday folks, goodonya, for the street only guys, I hope you guys/gals are hanging off the bike some too, seeing these lack of chicken strips sure makes me wonder if your knees are on the ground, if they're not, hang off more and decrease lean angle, it's called insurance, just in case the corner tightens up you'll have more lean angle available, low siding on the street is not good.

Guest unknown
Take the feelers off. They will not allow you to get to the edge of the tire. I just dragged my right peg at the trck and the edge of the tire still isn't over worked.

qjohnson
Anyone know how to take those peg feelers off? Just went outside and looked and I have no idea how they come off. And I was definitely leaning off the bike through turns. That definitely helps!

Guest unknown
Take a 7 or 8 mm wrench and they should come right off IIRC. There is some blue loctite on them so it may be a little slow going at first. A set of pliers or channel locks will work in a pinch.

hippiebikerchick
Take the feelers off. They will not allow you to get to the edge of the tire. I just dragged my right peg at the trck and the edge of the tire still isn't over worked.
That was the first thing I did to my bike but not for this reason. The feelers were getting in the way of where I want to put my legs at a stop.
  • Like 1

mjh937
It takes a 7mm wrench (or vice grips, pliers, etc. if you do not mind scratching them). There is a flat portion near the top of the feelers and they just unscrew.

qjohnson
Sweet thanks guys!

howworkclutch
That was the first thing I did to my bike but not for this reason. The feelers were getting in the way of where I want to put my legs at a stop.

I saw a review in which the reviewer kept complaining about how the pegs were where he wanted to put his feet.

It drove me mad. I want to shake the guy vigorously and tell him "THE PEGS FOLD BACK WITH THE TINIEST PRESSURE. THEY WILL MOVE OUT OF YOUR @&$#% WAY IF YOU WOULD JUST STOP YIELDING TO THEM LIKE A WIMP!!!"

Not that I need to shake you and yell or anything. I suspect you're smarter than he and probably already know the pegs fill fold right up as soon as they hit your calves.

:)

hippiebikerchick
Yes I know the pegs fold up but that's from the front. I want to put my legs behind the pegs. It's mostly because the kevlar riding jeans I wear have a flared leg and the material was too much down there with the peg feelers. I actually have some light bruising on my shins from the skills class I took this weekend. It was a challenge! Maybe tomorrow I'll try putting my legs in front of the peg and letting them fold up a bit.

rotaryryan24
I've been paying extra attention to my riding position and style lately, and have noticed that I don't push myself as hard on right hand corners as I do on the left. I drag my peg on most left hand corners but I have only touched my right peg 2 or 3 times. I also notice that I square up alot of my right hand corners. Does anyone else suffer from right turn wussification? If so what's the best way to overcome it.
  • Like 1

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com