The MT-07 Forum

Reflective rim stickers

jayowenz

Hello all!
I just got these Reflective rim stickers and I am willing to put them on, but I'm not sure about it doing now because I have to buy a new rear tire for my 07. Should I wait till I get the tire replaced and then install the stickers? 
Regards,
Jay
3.jpg

You should be fine @jayowenz! I have the same style rim stripes from stickman vinyls on my ride and have had my tires changed with them installed. I didn't remember to ask the tech to be careful with them when changing out the tire. They came out untouched! Just make sure you install them right the first time man.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

...but, as they say, "Your (sticker) miles may vary." I'd not trust about half the people who have done tire work for me over the years. Probably no problem... BUT, were it me--and, if buying another pair was an issue--I'd go ahead... and WAIT.

@pattonme www.stickmanvinyls.com

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

Or this place... It's where I got mine: motoinkz

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm pretty sure you've already had it done by now but this is mostly for anyone thinking of taking their bike (or car) to a shop. 
Take pics/video of your bike or car before taking it to any shop to document it's condition. It only takes a couple minutes. I say this because I once had a shop break something in the process of repairing something else and tried to pin it on me. The mechanic lied and said it was pre existing but I knew better because I looked right at that part before I took the car to the shop and it wasn't bent/broke and I didn't hit any pot holes on the way to their shop to cause the damage incurred.

I can't stand a crooked shop or being made out to be a liar so it got ugly fast. In the end I got lucky and they paid for it but if it had went to court I would've lost for lack of pics/video to prove what I claimed. So, do yourselves a favor, use those handy cell pones and click away. Ride safe, stay frosty!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Beemer, good advice... especially if a new (to you) shop. Let me relate a relevant personal anecdote; need may arise when/where you least expect it.

Quite some years ago I;d had my special-ordered C5 Vette a year and a headlight actuator (dumb-a** popups) went south, as they are want to do. I took it in to the rather large GM shop I'd ordered it with. A few hours later I picked it up in the late afternoon and drove home, not looking at the front since I'd thought, 'What could happen simply doing an all too common parts swap.' Once home I walked around it to open the garage door and the light cover was SO badly misaligned that I could actually insert all four of my admittedly smallish fingers between the cover and the fender. Now, even GM didn't still mis-align body panels THAT badly! So, I just had time to get back to the dealership and when I talked to the "service writer/rep," or whatever the f**k they are called today it hit the fan with a major league "SPLAT." She told me it was OBVIOUS that my still newish Vette had been wrecked and I said that it was strange to hear, since I ordered the car the only ones who had ever driven it were myself and her employees. Hence, it would seem I'd KNOW IF IT HAD BEEN WRECKED!!! We verbally went around and around with me getting madder and madder and I pointed out that the obviously, weaseling response on her part was simply an easy out because my car has a number of nonfactory mods, none of which means it was wrecked (like a custom CLOTH and leather interior the likes of she had never seen in another Vette... ever!!! After awhile she apparently game to enough to go get a "technician" who simply and immediately told her to pull it back into the bay. Now, this part was pure fun, which I needed at that point--my vehicles are ALL my kids and I needed some respite. Thus, she gets in the car and starts it, intending to back it out of the parking spot in front of the showroom and into the tech's bay, and... she couldn't figure out how to put it into reverse--because I've fabbed a custom shift mechanism for the 6-speed manual including a black, Belgium, cue-ball, shift knob with no gate diagram anywhere, hehehe. So, she sat there for a while with it running and I watching, knowing full well what was probably going on. It was now getting nearer and nearer to closing time and more and more employees had witnessed our altercation out front of the showroom and had come to watch. Eventually, she shut it off, went and got the same technician who drove it back into the shop and returned it 5-minutes later... I joke you not... 5-minutes later fully corrected. Of course, I had a serious heart-to-heart with the business owner once I located him. It can NEVER hurt to take pix and do so with some business identifier(s) in the pic... an employee or two in the pic is good, too hehehehe!!!

HOPEFULLY, one will never need it, but...

avanti - True about the identifiers. I used to watch a lot of court TV and the most common thing the judges looked for in any document was the date (and a signature but no sig. w/pics). So, I should've mentioned time stamps. Liked your story and I'm sure just about everyone has a scary merchant story to tell, which is all the more reason to do this. You know, I sometimes, accidentally, walk into stores with my GoPro still running on my helmet and I see what looks like concern in the employees eyes when they see it. They act like they've never heard of or seen a camera on a helmet and can't stop asking questions about it but I think that's just an excuse to keep looking at it to see if it's on or not. They probably don't want to be on you tube, which I can understand. Seems to keep them in line, though, heh! I think I'll start a new thread about repair horror stories.

Beemer

Archived