Sign in to follow this  
bansheeonfire

Led signal upgrade problem.

bansheeonfire
Hi guys i bought a creese tidy tail and signals and am having some problems. I did not want to cut the wires so i bought the tst industries plug n play wiring kit along with the adjustable signal blinker module. Im not using the blinkers supplied in the tidytail kit as i think they are too smalll. I have a new set of slightly larger led signals that i am going to use. I started the install today and got the front signals working perfectly and it still has front running lights although im confused by that as the stock harness is 3 wires but the signals only have 2 wires. Anyways i installed the rear signals and now the front signals are dim and when i put on a signal the front goes out but the rear works fine and is bright. What did i do wrong. I have not installed the new flasher yet btw.

jmacas87
@bansheeonfireninja77 can you sort out what you have installed exactly I'm a little confused by the post.

what signals do you have in front?

Sounds like you may just have a wiring mixup.

If you have a 2 wire front, make sure the two wires you hook up are the ground and SIGNAL, not the running light.

I forget the colors on the TST harness but I think it's the blue wire that is the signal and brown being running. (better to check with a multimeter or test light though)

mjh937
If you have two wire LED's on the front then you should not have running lights. I think @jmacas87 is right and you have wired the front lights incorrectly. Let us know how it works out.
  • Like 1

bansheeonfire
Thanks guys. Yeah i messed up the wiring. Everything working fine now. And yes no running lights anymore. Just have to install the new flasher to slow down the signal speed. Thanks again!!
  • Like 1