The MT-07 Forum

Torque for these?

liami

I don't know what they're called so I have no clue what to look for, but does anyone know the torque for these three bolts? I'm putting them on slightly past hand tight for nowe6eadd442b05402e784f4ccd5a05f0a9.jpg

The top two smaller ones are engine bracket bolts. 18 FT/LBS. The lower larger one is engine mounting bolt 40 FT/LBS. Straight from the Yamaha service manual. I had to put my shoes on and go out in the garage and look it up for you. I'll mail you the bill lol just kidding.

I bought my bike new and it came with the bike. If you bought yours new you should tell your dealership they forgot something.

Beemer

I wish mine came with the bike when I bought it. I did purchase it the same day though. I believe I paid like $79 for it. The dealer didn't have one on hand so he ordered it for me and cut me a deal on it since I knew the guy that owned the dealership. List price was like $89!!!!!!!! Since I was out of state and put it on my credit card he didn't charge me tax for it and he even shipped it to my house.

Yea, I bought mine brand new from dealer. They built the bike for me the hour before I got there, I was the first to even sit on my bike! But it did not come with the service manual, sadly

• Premium Member

I got one on disk somewhere online. Don't recall cost but sure it wasn't as much as these, which I assume (oops) are printed???

Beemer, where in the world did you buy ANY vehicle and get a complimentary Service Manual???  I've bought more new vehicles over the decades than I care to recall and NEVER did I EVER get one I didn't order or have ordered, at my expense!  Just curious.

• Premium Member

I'll go get mine out of the shop and see if it has any info printed on it. I'm sure I have the receipt, as well, since I keep all of same... for everything.

I just looked; it is both the Parts and Shop Manuals but no ID on the disk.  I'm guessing I got it from ebay or amazon.  I'll load the disk and look.

• Premium Member

It is from the "BooksandRelax" ebay store, also at booksandrelax@gmail.com

I see it covers ABS, so I'm guessing it is the European version in English... unless they all do.  Never seen another so I cannot say.

Archived