Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
optytrex

bolt access?

optytrex
Anyone have any mods/ideas to make the seat bolts more accessible? they're kind of a pain to get to...
I doubt through holes are a good idea and I can't imagine thinning out or removing that foam would work either but I guess there may be quick release bolts or something like that?

rick
ball-end, T handle hex keys

Beemer
Nothing to make it more accessible, sorry, but this should help to lift the seat corner easier. The foam in my seat seems to bend easier after bending it over and over to get at those screws so many times so there's that to keep in mind. You can always use a long handle screw driver to lift and hold up the back corner of the seat with one hand and use a T-handled hex like what rick said or just a regular hex with the other hand. Some things just take a little more muscle/finesse than others. You'll be alright with it later, I'm sure.

glockpointer
shoulda seem me prying on the front seat while turning the seat release, forgot it was for back seat

azuryn
You could always get the one piece seats and they just come off with the pillion release. I find the slotted screw drivers with the adapter to a 3/8 socket then your key makes this part really easy. All you have to do is lift the seat corners out of the way. (Totally forgot the name of the screw drivers, but hopefully that description is good enough.)

sorkyah
i swapped the bolts out for a wider head torx bolt
My torx bits are longer tham my allen wrenches so i just went with that
Aligning it is atill kind of a pain though

@azuryn is referring to the corbin seats i believe

pegasus46

After spending hours (it seemed like) re-attaching the damn thing I welded a flat round disk to the top of a bolt, screwed it in, added velco to the seat and the bolt...yahoo, stays in place perfect, takes 2-3 seconds to take off or put back on.

• Like 1

markstertt
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, optytrex said:

Anyone have any mods/ideas to make the seat bolts more accessible? they're kind of a pain to get to...
I doubt through holes are a good idea and I can't imagine thinning out or removing that foam would work either but I guess there may be quick release bolts or something like that?

Go to my post of April 21, 2017 for an idea that works very well for me and is easy and secure.

Yep, got sucked in to an old post, oh well, I'll leave it for grins...

Edited by markstertt
noticed old post date

robbo10
On 13/02/2018 at 8:02 AM, pegasus46 said:

After spending hours (it seemed like) re-attaching the damn thing I welded a flat round disk to the top of a bolt, screwed it in, added velco to the seat and the bolt...yahoo, stays in place perfect, takes 2-3 seconds to take off or put back on.

Velcro will be the solution next time mine comes off.

Zephyr

Don't have a pic, but I removed the bolts.  I replaced with cotter pin bolts and rubberized washers.  I was using hitch pins to secure, but the bolts kept moving when putting the seat on, so I just jb welded a washer on the seat side so that the pins can't move and forgo the hitch pins as the angle of the seat holes provides a secure pressure fit.  Perfect setup as I can easily access the battery to connect a charger or portable air pump.

*Main reason for mod was stripping the bolts on both sides more than once, but so glad I was "pushed" to make the mod.

Edited by Zephyr

markstertt
3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Don't have a pic, but I removed the bolts.  I replaced with cotter pin bolts and rubberized washers.  I was using hitch pins to secure, but the bolts kept moving when putting the seat on, so I just jb welded a washer on the seat side so that the pins can't move and forgo the hitch pins as the angle of the seat holes provides a secure pressure fit.  Perfect setup as I can easily access the battery to connect a charger or portable air pump.

*Main reason for mod was stripping the bolts on both sides more than once, but so glad I was "pushed" to make the mod.

I ran the bolts down all the way, installed a lock nut run up against the Yam welded in nut from below....no movement, but whatever works and you're right, it makes accessing the battery etc. so much less hassle.

optytrex
On 2/13/2018 at 11:09 PM, markstertt said:

Go to my post of April 21, 2017 for an idea that works very well for me and is easy and secure.

Sorry I've been searching and searching on and off for a while now but can't seem to find a way to filter the search function to find this. Could you point me in the right direction?

For now, I've just kind of dealt with it and had to use ball-end, T handle hex keys like rick says. That's really worked out alright I guess...

robbo10
1 hour ago, optytrex said:

Sorry I've been searching and searching on and off for a while now but can't seem to find a way to filter the search function to find this. Could you point me in the right direction?

For now, I've just kind of dealt with it and had to use ball-end, T handle hex keys like rick says. That's really worked out alright I guess...

This? 

markstertt
18 hours ago, optytrex said:

The only thing I forgot to show was the lock nut I added to the bottom of the stud to keep it from rotating once I clocked it to the angle I wanted...just run up and jammed against factory weld nut. The nut is in the picture with the bolts and pins but not shown in it's position on the bottom of the bolt.

Edited by markstertt
  • Like 1

optytrex
6 hours ago, markstertt said:

The only thing I forgot to show was the lock nut I added to the bottom of the stud to keep it from rotating once I clocked it to the angle I wanted...just run up and jammed against factory weld nut. The nut is in the picture with the bolts and pins but not shown in it's position on the bottom of the bolt.

Dude, this is awesome...I'm going to do this, maybe add some locktite to the threads and call it a day