The MT-07 Forum

What Color To Go With... CAN'T DECIDE!!!

thenakedONES

Hola!

About a month ago, I purchased a Matte Silver FZ-07 with the intentions of loving the blue/blurble wheels & frame as a secondary color for quite awhile, while NOT so loving the Matte Silver tank fairings and blue front wheel fender attachments with plans to change the colors out ASAP! So... It's now time to make a decision... To custom paint?? To change the fairings w/ another Yamaha color?? I have narrowed it down to 3 colors but can't decide which would look best with the blue wheels/frame... I absolutely love the LIQUID GRAPHITE color combo but that is on so many bikes out there and kinda wanted something different... Would the Yamaha RAVEN black look even better with my wheels/frame!? Or maybe a custom flatish or satin black paint? Choices! Choices! Would love to hear some opinions and if anyone has great photoshop skills to render an actual image I would be greatly appreciative!

So my choices have been...
1. Custom flat/satin black paint.
2. Order LIQUID GRAPHITE panels from Yamaha.
3. Order RAVEN black panels from Yamaha.

Thanks!

• Premium Member

If you have to ask... close your eyes and simply point to one!!! Enjoy the ride!

More seriously, if you want to be different remove any panels you want a unique color, take them to a body shop and select ANY color and finish you wish. 

• Premium Member

Instead of getting another color scheme for the panels from your color list, I would suggest you do some custom aerographics. I was planning to do that since I got it last year but actually really liked my gray/gold work that I been working on so far but it's the best way to have a really unique peace of work! Still want to do something with aerographics but I'm kinda out of budget for others projects/commitments. Whatever way you go, just follow your hearth and it will awesome!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

If you have to ask... close your eyes and simply point to one!!! Enjoy the ride! 
More seriously, if you want to be different remove any panels you want a unique color, take them to a body shop and select ANY color and finish you wish. 

Now there's an idea! :)

I am pretty solid on something dark as a primary color such as these above... Not sure what else would look good with my blue wheels & frame... Thanks!

thenakedONES, I would consider trading with you. I originally wanted the 2016 Matte Silver, but when I bought my liquid graphite, the 16's were about 2 months away and I couldn't wait.
No kidding?! 
That would be perfect if you wanted to trade our panels straight across! My panels are in perfect condition as my bike has barely 600 miles on it and never dropped thankfully... I wonder what shipping would be on these things?! So would you be willing to trade all panels including the blue front wheel fender pieces and under the seats pieces extending to the rear tail light or were you thinking just the gas tank panels? This trade would make my mind up real fast on what color to go with! Thanks a lot! Love that Liquid Graphite! :)

Instead of getting another color scheme for the panels from your color list, I would suggest you do some custom aerographics. I was planning to do that since I got it last year but actually really liked my gray/gold work that I been working on so far but it's the best way to have a really unique peace of work! Still want to do something with aerographics but I'm kinda out of budget for others projects/commitments. Whatever way you go, just follow your hearth and it will awesome! 
- Pancho
Thanks Pancho!  
Appreciate the input! Will see what I end up doing to this awesome bike... :)

Liquid graphite, cheapest and easiest route plus the best looking. The liquid graphite looks like a nice gunmetal color. I hate black bikes, very bland.

• Premium Member

I think some photoshopping would help you... Did it real quick.

1. Custom flat/satin black paint. Just note it'll look flatter and uh... fingerprints.
ALL_BLACK.jpg

You already know what that looks like.

img_BLACK_BLUE.jpg

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I love my Graphite/Blurple, not jealous of any other combo. It's the first color I saw of them in the mags and drew me in to find out more about the bike. I'm sure you would love it being as you're already in the Blurple Nation.

Liquid graphite, cheapest and easiest route plus the best looking. The liquid graphite looks like a nice gunmetal color. I hate black bikes, very bland.
I usually like the murdered out "all black" look but for some reason it doesn't quite appeal to me on the FZ... The 2 other colors for 2016 (Matte Silver & Armor Gray w/ yellow wheels) really give this bike some personality and I love it! Now that I see the color clash between the black body and blue wheels/frame I think it's gonna be a slam dunk LIQUID GRAPHITE ftw! Thanks for the input! :)

I think some photoshopping would help you... Did it real quick.  
1. Custom flat/satin black paint. Just note it'll look flatter and uh... fingerprints.
ALL_BLACK.jpg

You already know what that looks like.

img_BLACK_BLUE.jpg

Thanks so much for doing that! I can definitely see a color clash between the blue and the black... I think my mind has been made up and I'm goin 2015 status! LIQUID GRAPHITE it is!

I love my Graphite/Blurple, not jealous of any other combo. It's the first color I saw of them in the mags and drew me in to find out more about the bike. I'm sure you would love it being as you're already in the Blurple Nation.
I agree totally with ya! The first pic of the FZ07 that I saw was on a Yamaha promo banner in a local Yamaha dealer which was in fact the liquid graphite color... It really drew my eyes to that bike but at the time I was sold on getting a Kawasaki Vulcan S, which might I add, I outgrew quite quickly... Great bike no doubt! Just not for me at this point in my life... #blurplenation!!!  :D 

• Premium Member

Glad I could help. Looks like you can do a trade.

And PS - I wouldn't call it a color clash. They're just both dark colors, so the blurple doesn't stand out as much opposed to a lighter color. Black goes with everything!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

AlbatrossCafe
NOT so loving the Matte Silver tank fairings and blue front wheel fender attachments with plans to change the colors out ASAP! 
I absolutely love the LIQUID GRAPHITE color combo

So my choices have been...
1. Custom flat/satin black paint.

Go with option 4: Swap out panels with other members. I'm almost positive you can find a member on here who would swap.

I feel ya dude, I ordered a liquid graphite from 2 states away to make sure I could have that color (they were sold out EVERYWHERE by October 2015). Didn't realize the panels were so cheap to order... lol

I would totally swap my front fender with you at least. I think I want to try that blue one on my liquid graphite ;)

Archived