The MT-07 Forum

2015 Yamaha WR250R

weazsel

• Premium Member

I picked up this little dualsex a few weeks ago. Got a great deal I couldn't pass up. She only had 1,247 miles too! Kind of the reason I haven't been too active on the forum.

It feels like I have the best two multiple purpose bikes ever. First my beloved FZ-07... she takes me to the beach, cruises 2-up, takes me to the track, rips wheelies, whips around corners, she's comfortable, she's fast.. just everything!

Now I have this other little one over here a Yamaha WR250R. The new addition to the stable who takes me to a lot of places where my FZ-07 can't go. I'm going to be hitting some trails and some local dirt spots real soon. I picked up some decent adventure gear too so when it gets too cold for the street I'm going to take to the trail. With heated grips of course!

Check out some awesome pictures I took last weekend: WR250R Urban Adventures

I took all these pictures with my iPhone SE. All the same megapixels as the new iPhone 7 but in a classic frame.  ;)

IMG_8633.jpg

8_Jf_SOJX.jpg

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

You'll have a blast. I truly miss my previous WR250X. The fun of discovering trails and fire roads. Enjoy!

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

That sure looks fun. Jeez... now there's something else on my "must have" list. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Great bike man! If you decide to switch to more of a knobby tire take a look at the Dunlop 606 as they hold up really well on the street and if you deflate them down to 8 lbs off road they provide good traction and won't slide out so bad in the dirt corners. Also, the Bridgestone heavy duty tubes seem to last a long time as well.

• Global Moderator
You'll have a blast. I truly miss my previous WR250X. The fun of discovering trails and fire roads. Enjoy!

Me too. I upgraded from an WR250X and I do not know why I miss it. The FZ is better at everything, but there is that nagging feeling. I just love small bikes, it is like they put in a little extra effort to please you.

Awesome and nice pics! Now you don't have to wait for summer to come around to ride, you can ride in the snow with that and just maybe, have more fun on that than you can have on the FZ. Be very careful if riding alone and be sure to have a cell phone and lot's of water with you (camel pack) when riding off road. I went off trail once on my XT350 with no cell and just a tiny bottle of water and laid the bike down. The bike wouldn't start and I started getting signs of heat stroke from kick starting in the hot Texas heat. If I'd broken a leg and couldn't ride out no one would've found me and 12 ounces of water wasn't going to help one bit. So please be extra careful when riding alone.

Beemer

• Premium Member
I've only really ridden her twice since purchase and had so much fun. Wrenched a whole lot too! Lots of mods and proper maintenance/setup. 

That sure looks fun. Jeez... now there's something else on my "must have" list. :)
Come on in, the waters warm!  :D 

Great bike man! If you decide to switch to more of a knobby tire take a look at the Dunlop 606 as they hold up really well on the street and if you deflate them down to 8 lbs off road they provide good traction and won't slide out so bad in the dirt corners. Also, the Bridgestone heavy duty tubes seem to last a long time as well.
Yeah it made a lot of sense after much research. I'm really happy with my decision. I already have a set of HD tubes and 606s ready to go with lightweight rim locks! At this point I'm deciding on tackling the tire change myself or just paying the man to do it. I usually always do all my own work AND I have the Motion Pro irons... I just don't want any pinch flats. 

Me too. I upgraded from an WR250X and I do not know why I miss it. The FZ is better at everything, but there is that nagging feeling. I just love small bikes, it is like they put in a little extra effort to please you. 

I don't think I'll ever get SUMO wheels, tires and the different brakes. If I'm riding strictly road my FZ-07 hoons it up very well! The point of the WR was to be able to extend my riding season and hit some trails! 

How much u end up paying for it
For a '15 with 1,200 miles $5,000. Previous owner changed the gearing to 13/49 and never got the speedo healer. Which means it really had probably 800 miles. I have one waiting to be installed this weekend. 
The resale value on these bikes is crazy! 2008's with 7,000 miles going for $4,500 and a lot of others varying from 2008-2015 all between $3,800 (beat to hell) and $6,500 (like new). I'm really happy with my deal.

I want something like that to put along with my arsenal.
I don't regret it for second. 

Awesome and nice pics! Now you don't have to wait for summer to come around to ride, you can ride in the snow with that and just maybe, have more fun on that than you can have on the FZ. Be very careful if riding alone and be sure to have a cell phone and lot's of water with you (camel pack) when riding off road. I went off trail once on my XT350 with no cell and just a tiny bottle of water and laid the bike down. The bike wouldn't start and I started getting signs of heat stroke from kick starting in the hot Texas heat. If I'd broken a leg and couldn't ride out no one would've found me and 12 ounces of water wasn't going to help one bit. So please be extra careful when riding alone.
Thanks man. Yup, my sentiments exactly. I also purchased some winter / dual sport gear to go with the bike. Heated grips are the next item on the list to really be able to take full advantage of the colder months. While the FZ-07 is in the race bay (a section of my apartment cordoned off with velvet ropes) I'll be out ripping trails and exploring. I love the street but I always wanted to get involved with the dirt. I do plan on heading to a local single track just a ferry ride away: Thomaston Dam Trail 
Hydration pack, check. Cell phone with a full battery, check. Proper riding gear, check. Tools for tires changes/basic repairs, check. I appreciate the reiteration of proper preparation! Thank you!

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

• Premium Member

Sweet bike. I like how it looks without the graphics. Hm, I like it with the graphics too. Man those tires look aggressive!

I totally understand... if I had to pick between the two I would pick my FZ-07 11/10 times!

• Premium Member

FZ will definitely win if you are doing over 75% asphalt. I'd love to have about 3 different weapons, depending on the challenge.
Street - FZ-07
Dirt - something like the WR250R, or street legal KTM (350 EXC-F).
Touring - FZ-09, New Ninja 1000 with side bags, Honda Interceptor.
Too many bikes and too little time...

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived