The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 skiddum

skiddum

Hello guys and gals. Great to be here. Anyway's Ive been looking at getting either the Fz09 or Fz07. As I'm still pretty new to riding on the road. Played on dirt bikes since I was a kid. Then got a dual sport yamaha 250 duel sport. That was a fun bike. But got married, my wife wouldn't even get on it with me and yeah I wound up selling it to make her happy. So at the beginning of the year my dad got himself a Harley 103. And he let me use his yamaha vstar 650 classic. So here we are almost 3 years later and again she wouldn't even ride with me. I even went though and MSF course to get my motorcycle endorsement above 649. Utah has it set so you your either below 650 or above just based on what you can handle. Funny thing is the large bike testing is easier than the small. And it did teach me allot I didn't know. Counter steering felt backwards as hell.
So My dad talked her into Going on a drive with him and she's been hooked ever since. She wants to learn to ride next year.
But anyway she signed off on getting a bike next year and I've really had my eye on the FZ-07 OR 09.
don't like that you have to replace the suspension straight from the factory but hey what the hell. For an extra 2 gs I'd have them do it if it ment more solid ride.
Anyway's my riding style is to say more catious. Don't get me wrong I like to play just not at the risk of killing someone else or getting flattened by a semi. Most my riding is between 3am and 6 am just cause i work graves. So there's not many out and I can really play then. Or I go up the canyons and have a blast. But the cruiser just kinda feels a bit sluggish. I'm still pretty new as it's not even been a full year back on a bike yet. And yeah but I want something lighter that I can whip around a corner or power my way out of trouble if needed. The cruiser does have some but not like I was hoping. It's great for long rides with my wife but yeah. And she's a tiny girl 100 pounds sopping wet and 5'5. But she still has allot of fun. I kinda took a hit to the ego and a boost all at the same time. I came around a corner a little hot, second guessed myself and then got target fixation on the dirt on the other side of the road. Luckily the dirt experience came in handy. It was like woooo. I can actually do that and you idiot you know better than that. That was just a few days ago. Definitelya humbling experience. Reminded me not to get over cocky cause things can easily go wrong in a hurry It's one reason I'm really considering the 07 over the 09 for now. But suggestions in
Or input would be greatly appreciated.

The 07 sounds more suiting for your experience and riding needs in general. Only thing to take under consideration would be that it's not a two-up friendly bike. Maybe with an aftermarket seat you can change that of course.

Yeah I'm looking at the Corbin gun fighter and lady sadle. Been reading tons of great reviews on it. And the handle bars from hornet I believe so she can hang onto the sides and then mounted luggage on the back with a back rest pad

• Global Moderator

Hi @skiddum, welcome. I moved you post to the New Member Introductions and changed the title if you don't mind.

Hi @skiddum, welcome. I moved you post to the New Member Introductions and changed the title if you don't mind.
Nope I don't mind at all. I'm not exactly new to riding bikes. But definitely newer to the street. Even on my little dual sport I'd only ever run to work or to the store on it. It wasn't a highway bike. At least not here where freeway speed is 80 +. So around town it was just fine. And through the mountains it was awesome. Using the main road to the family ranch is about a 2 hour drive from here. On that it was a half hour tops cause I could pretty much go straight there. I pretty much lived up there at that point. But I swear that bike came alive off the road. It was comfortable and I could really dig it in during tight turns and yeah it was just a really fun bike. The vstar is to for what it's made for. I just feel more at home with something lighter and more nimble. Something that becomes an extension of me and my riding style. But at the same time comfortable. That's why I haven't really looked at the Honda 600 RRR and the ninjas and those type bikes. I here there awesome fun but not quite what I'm looking for. The fz 07 and 09 look more of a comfortable riding position for when you want sit back and relax enjoy the ride just cruising. Or wanna get low and tear it up

I like having a hot cup of some good Folgers, Colombian and going for a casual ride in the morning when no one is up yet so get an FZ-07.

Beemer

Yeah that's what I was leaning towards. Just wanted to talk to the people who know these bikes best and see what you guys said And if the wife wants to go for a ride we can.
So anyways has anyone in here tried the Corbin gun fighter and lady Sattle in here. I really like that seat especially cause I've herd they can customize it to what you want. Higher lower, kevlar sides and stuff like that

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Archived