The MT-07 Forum

What exhaust should I get? Nasty exhaust

Frosty

I'm completely redoing my bike this winter and I want a new exhaust. I want one with a little snap crackle and pop and a little on the loud side. I've looked around and i just want everyone's opinions. Thanks in advance!

And preferably black ;)

• Premium Member

I have the 2 brothers full system and it pops and cracks sounds good. I think most will give you what you are looking for. Just keep in mind fuel management might be required for optimal use.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

What system are you running @jake?

@pitapola I hate videos like that because I'll watch it and decide on one then 30 seconds later I'll want a different one haha. But I will watch it when I get home.

Have you seen this video? Nice comparison for some of the contenders. 
Personally I'm rocking the SC Project and I wouldn't change it for anything else.

Nice video! Im rocking the akra ti baffle out w ecu flash. I dont have sounds clip but theres plenty out there. Good ur doin ur research tho. Theres a thread 'cheap akra exhaust' which i bought from biohazard. 800 bones.

• Premium Member

I have the SR1 it's 809.98 on Revzilla easy to install no issues for me. Reused my exhaust gaskets no leaks.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Guest 2wheeler

I might hear some scheisse for this, but what I am running right now sounds pretty decent and yet is stealth as heck. I am running the stock exhaust with the bottom half of the snorkel removed with a MWR air filter and a 2WDW flash (stock exhaust/no snorkel).

The combo of the MWR and the half snorkel gives it a pretty decent sound when you are heavily getting on the throttle as in definitely sounding better than stock and WAY better than no snorkel, but yet is pretty quiet when you want it to be. Plus, hopefully 2WDW is shortly going to try doing a flash with this combo to get peak performance with it.

If you want to read more about the MWR air filter, check out this thread:

http://fz07.org/thread/6237/mwr-dna-filter-dyno-tested

Best thing is that you save $600-$1000 for an exhaust pipe (suspension money?), and avoid scheisse from your local police force.

There were 4 (5?) FZ07 on yesterday's ride. The SC project sounded mean, the Akro without baffle was loud. Snap, Crackle, and Pop is best reserved for Rice Krispies - I recommend a jetting solution.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

The exhaust choice should make you happy regardless of what you choose... few very have chosen the Leovince exhaust ?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

but were you really "Happy" though, @norcal616? You did de-camp to FJ09 land... Was it the Leo?
:)

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

I still have my FZ-07 ? and still enjoy my exhaust choice while the FJ-09 runs in stealth mode for now ?... If I had to really really choose(probably will next year?) a new exhaust for the FZ-07 I can live with the unpleasant looking Akra-Ti exhaust with 2wdw new improved Akra-Ti tune because it's my fun track bike now

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Akra TI with baffle in. I went with this as its one of the few pipes that stays in the stock location. Tuned with a 2wdw reflash. Love the sound!

Guest 2wheeler
the unpleasant looking Akra-Ti exhaust
Is that the politically correct way of saying "butt ugly"? 
The pipe I think that just looks great is the SC Project!

• Premium Member

The subject of sound is subjective.

And videos don't do the sound justice. The best bet is to hear them in person...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I'm perfectly happy with the stock exhaust (bear in mind I used two mufflers and four resonators to get a new LS3 engine-swap quiet enough for me), but the one aftermarket 07 exhaust sound clip I liked the sound quality of the best was that of IXIL. Not particularly loud but it sounded like a genuine internal combustion engine at work.

I had the Termi, full black on the previous FZ-07 (stolen...) - great sound, 2 baffles: 1 for the street, 1 racing (a bit louder, I used this one). It has a low tone, nice "brap, brap" - it sounded different from the other options, really loved it!

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fdKB3cA69F0

Now I am pending to install my new SC-Project Conic, got a great deal on the silver coloured one. In this case, I wanted another exhaust that wasn't common, that sounded even meaner and with a design that didn't protude so much from the lateral view (I must confess though that the Termi can design wins my heart still).

Check it here: https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=1R5iCnKFL9k

I'd go for any of these options if you want the "exotic" choice.

Safe riding!

I'm biased, just installed Leo underbody. With db killer in it is loud. It doesn't not require ecu tuning or fuel management. But will perform better with either. And it has lowered my temps 10 degrees in 37 degree tropical Philippines. Bottom line it was 600 bucks delivered.

Thanks for the termignoni review. It's what I'm gonna go with. I'm not a fan of the sc can. I was between the titanium akra or the noni. But I love the can design on the noni and it has a mean sound to it.

Thanks for the termignoni review. It's what I'm gonna go with. I'm not a fan of the sc can. I was between the titanium akra or the noni. But I love the can design on the noni and it has a mean sound to it.

A pleasure! I got the SC for $670 brand new, that is why. EU homologated, just in case I move back to Spain with my FZ. The Termi homologated was at $890.

Safe riding!

Where did you get a leovince for 600?? I can't find one for less than 800
MOTOGB.com UK distributor for LeoVince. I think they are out of stock on the promo, but doesn't hurt to check. The promo price included 20% VAT which they deducted, then added UPS 3 day delivery for about 95 buck I think. 610 bucks to my door, and that is including VAT and import duty to the Philippines. I found them originally on Ebay, but contacted them directly.
So What I am saying is if you get a price online from Europe or Ebay, ask them to deduct the VAT

Archived