The MT-07 Forum

NoVA (Bristow) ride - 11/6 10 am

pattonme

Some question as to meet time at 10 or 11 at the moment but the general idea is to go W or SW, swing over to 211 via meandering path via 522 or 3 and other side roads, pick up the Skyline, go N toward Front Royal and head East for home.

Paging @howlinhoss , @mysweetfz07 , @2wheeler and ?ton?

Proposed route(s) with a North and South loop
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19NJjJLjWym7dwKbRL7AAIrQ0X34&usp=sharing

Groups shouldn't be more than 4-5 bikes and everyone should have a copy of the map.
Meetup location is the Harris Teeter at the corner of 28 (Nokesville Rd) and 619 (Linton Hall rd) in Bristow VA

My cell is 703-951-3823

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest 2wheeler

I had planned to ride with all of you tomorrow, but I am just to crammed for time. My Dad passed away on Friday, and I am doing all the arrangements for his funeral. I thought the ride would be good for me to have some fun and keep my mind off of it, but there is just too much stuff to do.

Having said that, here's a pic of my Dad's helmet and goggles that he wore when he rode his WWII surplus Indian Scout from his home in Michigan to Pennsylvania where he met my Mom in 1946. The goggles are blue glass with a leather surround that contacts your head, and the helmet is leather straight out of a Snoopy cartoon. They are both still in good condition.

Have a great and safe ride tomorrow!

IMG_1035.jpg

upload

for

forums

Damn if I wasn't on midnight's at work. I would love to join you guys out there. I'm about 20 mins south of DC in Maryland. Hope you guys enjoy the ride!

After we washed his bike, "what crash damage?" was the phrase of the day. But yes I'm very glad he escaped with only minor harm.

Major, MAJOR thanks to our gracious host for the after-ride dinner party and bike wash.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived