The MT-07 Forum

Blue

level41

• Global Moderator

I think it looks good in the photos, but I will wait until I see one to make a final decision. I am still happy with red though.

AlbatrossCafe
I like it. Looks better than the blurple.
I think it is a weird blue. Blurple looks better.  
Though this blue would probably be easier to match for aftermarket parts... literally nothing can match the stupid blurple lol

I really like the blue and may have gone that way had it been available but I also really like the blurple/liquid graphite I have.

mushymushroom

I wanted a blurple bike too, but it came to what we had instock at the time. I was gonna wait for this blue instead, but for a higher msrp and no abs on this color model or anything new added, I went with the armor gray.

I like it. Looks better than the blurple.
Though this blue would probably be easier to match for aftermarket parts... literally nothing can match the stupid blurple lol

But blurple isn't weird??? (shakes head) C'mon now, it's blurrrrrr-ple.

Beemer

• 4 months later...

I bought the new blue and get compliments on the colour a lot. It's nicer than red IMHO because it's different - like the blurple is!

If it was the traditional Yam blue it would be the one for me. But it is not and so it isn't.

Just do it! 

• Premium Member

Man, dont get me started on this blurple debate. When one settles for one of the only three available colours, you're gonna convince yourself its nice. Sounds like a Slurpee thats been abandoned to melt on a hot lonely street corner. Gloves are off! :D (rofl)    

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Man, dont get me started on this blurple debate. When one settles for one of the only three available colours, you're gonna convince yourself its nice. Sounds like a Slurpee thats been abandoned to melt on a hot lonely street corner. Gloves are off! :D (rofl)    

I actually like it because it's different and you don't see it much in bikes, let alone cars. It's just my opinion, it is just as, if not more weird than the other blue. I'll take blurple over standard red any day cause you see it so much. Candy red is another thing. Almost anything candy looks cool. I could gobble up a candy, emerald green FZ-07. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

I actually like it because it's different and you don't see it much in bikes, let alone cars. It's just my opinion, it is just as, if not more weird than the other blue. I'll take blurple over standard red any day cause you see it so much. Candy red is another thing. Almost anything candy looks cool. I could gobble up a candy, emerald green FZ-07.
In all honesty I dont mind it.  Just poking the bear a little. I m a muddy or dark earth tone fella...and anything sparkly. Emerald green would be fantastic. I thought @Sorkyah had a deep emerald green job on his?  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Thanks for the pics @sweeps. I think that the new blue looks great and would pick that color option out of the 2017 lineup. The blue gives me a nostalgic vibe (late 60's early 70's muscle car), even though the bike does not. I'm sure that you'll get loads of compliments. I like the striping on the wheels as well, but wish that they would have blacked out the heel guard/frame instead of going with silver.

• Global Moderator
In all honesty I dont mind it.  Just poking the bear a little. I m a muddy or dark earth tone fella...and anything sparkly. Emerald green would be fantastic. I thought @Sorkyah had a deep emerald green job on his?  

You would be correct sir
My paint is called deep emerald/black forest green
I can grab the paintcode here when i get home

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

If it was the traditional Yam blue it would be the one for me. But it is not and so it isn't.

Europe gets the darker traditional Yamaha blue for 2017.

Archived