The MT-07 Forum

Ixil Exhaust

V8titanpwr

Cool, I get to wait until Dobeck gets mine in and plays with it before they ship it off to me.

I have no problems waiting for it, the discount will make me a patient person

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

For those that installed, did you use any RTV sealant between the exhaust and headers? Or was the clamp sufficient?

Not a fan of ixil exhausts. Just don't like their looks. :/
Have to agree, looks c??p, 2 into 1, 1 into 2 just not right! 
Everyone to their own!

Mont

• Premium Member

Received my L3X black in the mail today. Looked good except for some scrapes near where the exhaust slips over the header. What do you guys think? Is it worth making a fuss or just install it knowing wear is gonna happen eventually?

zBcuDom.jpg

I wouldn't worry about that 1 bit personally.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

fooschnickens

If it really bothers you, just take some high-temp paint and respray it. Might not be a bad idea since it got down to bare metal. Don't want it to get corroded and make more paint flake off.

• Premium Member

I would hope not! Is corrosion possible with stainless steel under the black paint? (I was under the impression that these were made from SS anyway)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, 

I just got my ixil exhaust looking forward to installing it.

I had a question about the header pipe though, at the end where the silencer goes on, there's a metal screen/filter inside the header...Is this a spark arrestor of some type?

Anyone remove theirs?

Thanks

I've had an Ixil on my CBR500R for the past year and the stainless does not to well outside. I have oxidation that cannot be cleaned off. This may be why the stainless version is no longer offered. I suggest using a high-temp paint meant for exhaust headers if you get the stainless version.

This isn't to bash Ixil - I suspect any uncoated stainless that stay outdoors and gets exposed to rain and major temp fluctuations will exhibit this same oxidation issue.

• Global Moderator
Hey guys,  

I had a question about the header pipe though, at the end where the silencer goes on, there's a metal screen/filter inside the header...Is this a spark arrestor of some type?

Anyone remove theirs?

Thanks
Isn't that the catalic converter?

Hey guys,  

Anyone remove theirs?

Thanks
Isn't that the catalic converter?
I thought cats were big and ugly and had a ceramic stone inside them. 

• Global Moderator

The middle section in the picture is how a catalic converter looks in a Akrapovič exhaust.

P-KAT-028.jpg

I love the look of the dual tips, I think it works well with the bike

I might be picking one up this week

edit: update

11419066_108821012795826_1030926439_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
billyblanks

I installed the system today and I am ecstatic. Sounds fantastic it has a nice low snap to it and nice cruising rumble. Feels quicker and more responsive. Worth every penny.

• Premium Member

Installed this exhaust yesterday. With the header pipe I noticed that it was not of the quality that you get from the Yoshimura exhaust. The header isn't stainless steel and where the silencer connects to the end of the header pipe it is a different colour than the rest of the header pipe. I like the sound of it alot. Still I have not taken out the baffle on it because it will probly run like garbage unless I put the EJK in it. Which I will be doing today woot! For the price you can't go wrong. The look is unique as hell and the sound is good. I can't wait to take out the baffles! Anyone smell something burning when they installed it and first started their bike?

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
Where can I buy ixil exhaust in Canada. Here is the reference number.  
XY9362XB

Thanks

Well I bought mine from the states. Just go to their home page for their USA site and email them. They are pretty quick to respond and you can call them too but everytime I tried they never picked up the phone. But before you buy if you look at the other FZ 07 site (FZ07.oc) they had a discount for members who are buying ixil products. Or they did not too long ago anyways. They also came out with a new ixil exhaust for our bike also which is pretty nice.

Where can I buy ixil exhaust in Canada. Here is the reference number.  
XY9362XB

Thanks
Well I bought mine from the states. Just go to their home page for their USA site and email them. They are pretty quick to respond and you can call them too but everytime I tried they never picked up the phone. But before you buy if you look at the other FZ 07 site (FZ07.oc) they had a discount for members who are buying ixil products. Or they did not too long ago anyways. They also came out with a new ixil exhaust for our bike also which is pretty nice.
Thanks. I actually found a place in Montana that will ship the full exhaust and a ejk.

Archived