The MT-07 Forum

Ixil Exhaust

V8titanpwr

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Not a fan of ixil exhausts. Just don't like their looks. :/
I like the look but I wish it would face up toward the tail light instead of just straight back.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
... I couldn't find a US site though.
indysuperbikes handles IXIL in the states. I sent them an email asking about pricing and availability and whether the system kept the O2 sensor. Also whether they felt a fuel processor was required. 
Their response:
Subject: Re: FZ07/MT-07 ~ L3X (XY9362X) and L3XB (XY9362XB) price and availability

The black is for special order only we need 20 at a time to get those made
the silver we can get cost is 479.95

This system does not affect your factory o2 sensor; it stays in place.
this will not require remapping but the bike will always benefit from a fuel
controller when a exhaust or air filter is added to the system
--
sales@indysuperbikes.com
www.indysuperbike.com
Phone 866-INDYSB-0
Phone 866-463-9720
Fax 317-577-1733
Mon.-Thurs.: 10am-6pm EST
Friday: 10-5pm EST
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Like Indysuperbikes Inc on FACEBOOK!

... I couldn't find a US site though.
indysuperbikes handles IXIL in the states. I sent them an email asking about pricing and availability and whether the system kept the O2 sensor. Also whether they felt a fuel processor was required. 
Their response:
Subject: Re: FZ07/MT-07 ~ L3X (XY9362X) and L3XB (XY9362XB) price and availability

The black is for special order only we need 20 at a time to get those made
the silver we can get cost is 479.95

This system does not affect your factory o2 sensor; it stays in place.
this will not require remapping but the bike will always benefit from a fuel
controller when a exhaust or air filter is added to the system
--
sales@indysuperbikes.com
www.indysuperbike.com
Phone 866-INDYSB-0
Phone 866-463-9720
Fax 317-577-1733
Mon.-Thurs.: 10am-6pm EST
Friday: 10-5pm EST
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Like Indysuperbikes Inc on FACEBOOK!

i emailed and they said 349.99 for the silver l3x .. thats pretty much sold if it hold true by payday

• Premium Member
i emailed and they said 349.99 for the silver l3x .. thats pretty much sold if it hold true by payday

Since both of us have gotten different prices, I called Chris at indysuperbike and asked what the story was.

It turns out the ILIX L3X is completely new to them and they weren't sure whether it's a full system or a slip-on.
The $349.99 would have been the price if the L3X was a slip-on. It's not. It's been confirmed by their supplier that it is a full system, headers included.

I asked Chris to send me an email confirming that the L3X is actually a full system and what the actual price is going to be.

This is his response:

Just to confirm the new Ixil XY9362X is the L3X model. It is a full system, so you get the head pipes and the muffler.

I do not have any dyno charts on this system yet. The cost for the full system in the USA will be $499.95

I do apologize for the earlier guess on price but this will be the price landed and delivered in the USA.

Thanks for your interest in Ixil Exhaust Systems

Best

still a damn good price since slip ons are almost the same cost... looks like i got my self a new Christmas present thanks for clearing it up for us @quixote we all appreciate it

• Premium Member

I asked indysuperbikes for whatever pics they had of the L3X on the FZ07. They sent me the only two they had and I up sized them just a bit.

I'm not affiliated with indysuperbikes at all, just interested in the exhaust and sharing what info I get.

CByRhfA.jpgYFEiUPJ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love this exhaust ... Akrapovic Ti was my fave but this sounds a tad deeper and cheaper ... and I like the slant tips.

Sounds just like a V8 muscle car with a nice Borla exhaust on it. :D

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Decided to go this route after much deliberation... Here are a few pics that were taken on today's ride.

I am running the exhaust with the cat still installed, but the DB killers removed. I will say it is not as loud as my buddies fz-07 with a yoshi pipe and the DB killer removed. If you want the loudest pipe out there, this is probably not for you. It does have a very nice tone to it and once I purchase a fuel controller to eliminate some of the popping on deceleration, it should have a nice healthy sound to it. I think it looks and sounds good (and won't make you go deaf).

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to go this route again if I was to buy another.

Distance:
IMAG0441_zps037c9971.jpg

Up close:
IMAG0447_zpsf9ae474e.jpg

Didn't know there was a cat option??

Can you PLEASE do a video driving off and then maybe a fly-by?

Also does it have the same deep rumble as the video posted above in real life? Sometimes I wonder if the Euro MT-07's have different fuel mapping than our FZ-07's, meaning a different tone.

Archived