The MT-07 Forum

Anyone else get asked if it's a Ducati?

rocco

• Premium Member

I just have people ask me if my Ducati is a Ducati... :P

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
I just have people ask me if my Ducati is a Ducati... :P

If we ever meet I will be sure to ask you if it is a Yamaha ;)

" Biohazards? Heehee. Back in the old days we pipetted by mouth and ate/drank (beer on Fridays) right in the lab. Times have changed." Could that be the reason you have developed Tasmanian Devil facial tumours? lol.
Rocco, I know cafe racer minimialism is all the rage, but that is THE most uncomfortable seat I have ever seen on a honda and those pipes must be really loud...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

Strangely enough people usually ask me if it's a BMW. I'm pretty sure it's because it is white.
Ducati's and Ferrari's are red in the eye of the oblivionado's. If it was lime green they would probably ask it it was a Kawasaki.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Strangely enough people usually ask me if it's a BMW. I'm pretty sure it's because it is white. Ducati's and Ferrari's are red in the eye of the oblivionado's. If it was lime green they would probably ask it it was a Kawasaki.

I've had a guy on a smoke break outside of Burger King ask if it was a Ducati. I imagine that the frame and nakedness make it look most like a monster. Ducati has been making more and more white bikes, I think they look just as good as the red. 

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

When I'm at the track people ask me what kind of bike it is...I tell them, and then they say it sounds like an angry Ducati, LoL

- Paulie

Is that red thing the seat or is it - are ya ready - the "tail" light?
Yes sir! It's not in place yet.

It's actually from a 2013 ninja 300! I ebay searched the cheapest taillight and boom that's what I got!

Also, the seat is still in progress!
BUT I have ridden on the seat pan which is made of metal! Not as bad as it looks I swear!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had two different people in the same 24 hours (after having the bike for seven months with no other comments about Ducati) tell me it looks a lot like a Ducati. I have the matte silver 2016 version.

I've been asked if it was a Ducati a couple of times.

Mostly get asked if it is a version of the VMax though. Think it might be thanks to the prominent air ducts on either side.

no but a bike splitting lanes was engine braking coming up behind me in traffic (I was in a car) and in my head I'm going that sounds good what is that, ducati? FZ 07 with an exhaust :)

So riding 2 days ago in Bear Mountain area, NY, I was in a small village called Cold Spring. Whilst checking the iPhone for a place to have a snack, I hear 2 "brap brap" passing behind me - 2 Ducs. They were heading to my destination too, we ended up talking after parking our bikes. They said my FZ sounded Ducatiesque like (SC Project magic)! :)

We ended up having lunch together and riding around, as you can see! 2 true Italians and Ducatisti that I was glad to meet and find out that they lived in my neighborhood, hehe, 1.5 hrs away from where we met, rofl. So now, so randomly, I have two riding buddies who ride usually with another rider with an MVAgusta Brutale & our big bro FJ-09!

Happy ending, ✌️️
IMG_5508.jpg

Safe riding!

• Premium Member

Since I've changed (to "Avanti," btw), covered, or removed most Yama emblems, I get asked WHAT it is.

Nice! I've heard some people say my bike sounds like a dirt bike from far away.

I have the yoshi but idk what it sounds like from a distance !

I'm still looking for something to cover the yamaha symbols with. Need a windshield first

Archived