The MT-07 Forum

Anyone else get asked if it's a Ducati?

rocco

Mine is red so maybe that helps but I am not kidding people ask me all the time. Today and yesterday in fact!

People will literally roll the window down and ask me if it's a Ducati.

Obviously I say "no it's a yamaha fz07"

Sometimes people ask me the engine size too but I won't count them haha

Maybe the Ducati 848 looks similar? My sv1000n was mistaken for a monster all the time but that is much closer I think.

My buddy calls my bike "Foocati" and I may have to get a sticker made

When I started reading your post the first thing I thought was "this guy's got to put a ducati sticker on that bike and go with it". And then I read the Foocati part.

You got to do this!

I've never had that misunderstanding myself, probably has to do with the color.

Haha yeah I assume the red is most of it but I take it as a compliment for our little bikes!

Lots of Ducati here in South Florida so I get it. Although a true motorcyclist can hear the difference!

• Global Moderator

I get that a lot too. Mine is also red so maybe there is something to that.

• Premium Member

Happens a few times but I can see the red bike getting asked that question more, its usually the first question someone asks me...it's due to the nakedness of the bike and the way the tubular frame is exposed...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Funny you should ask that! I was on vaycay this past September in a tiny town in Utah (Green River). I had ridden to a mom and pop grocery store and was inside with my helmet when a guy comes up and asks "Is that a Ducati out front?" He said he had two surprises that day, that it was a Yamaha and that a lady was riding it! LMAO!

Mine is red BTW, the best color. 8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

That's awesome!!!

Red is my favorite color and it took 6 bikes to get one lol

I do like the grey and high vis but the red called my name!

My buddy has a Ducati...the valve adjustment I believe was $2k...not for me!

Is that a ducati? Crap, can't tell you how many times I've been asked if my Aprilia was a ducwaddy. Even after I point to the emblem on the tank - I get, "who makes Aprilia"? Sheesh (btw, the old Rotax motors almost never need valve shims)

I have round suction cups with straps http://www.compacc.com/p/nelson-rigg-solar-series-mounting-kits?sku=917-076&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&gclid=CNbIgsfaiNACFQ4HhgodJZYAaQ over top of the Yamaha tank badges (emblem pasties if you will) to help keep my tank bag centered. it's a stealthy Yamaha. I've gotten a few "nice bike" comments, but no one has ever even asked what it was.

I've seen the transformers logo and that's cool but I've seen it before.  
The biohazard has been on all 5 of my previous bikes
I see biohazard stickers at work every day - and prefer to leave em (as well as the biohazards) there.  
More likely to go Batman sticker if I were in to such things

Actually, a BMW emblem might fit nicely where the OE badges live. lol. 

I've seen the transformers logo and that's cool but I've seen it before.  
The biohazard has been on all 5 of my previous bikes
I see biohazard stickers at work every day - and prefer to leave em (as well as the biohazards) there.  

Where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a huge resident evil fan since the original (1998) so I've always liked the symbol

Good idea with the bmw symbol!

I've been asked maybe once or twice if my bike was a Ducati but the funniest/dumbest question was when a coworker asked if my bike was a R1. I didn't want to embarrass him so I just replied "Sort of, it's a Yamaha FZ-07". I guess to people who don't know about bikes, they all look the same. It's like how every cruiser is a Harley and any bike remotely sporty is a crotch rocket.

• Premium Member

I wasn't asked, it was just assumed. A guy walked out of a convenience store while I was getting gas and just said "Nice Ducati". I had my earplugs in and helmet on, and wasn't quite sure I'd heard him correctly. I just kind of smiled and nodded.

- Andy

I wasn't asked, it was just assumed. A guy walked out of a convenience store while I was getting gas and just said "Nice Ducati". I had my earplugs in and helmet on, and wasn't quite sure I'd heard him correctly. I just kind of smiled and nodded.
Def talking to you !

Our bikes cost the same as a couple of Ducati maintenance services :D

I'm a huge resident evil fan since the original (1998) so I've always liked the symbol

Trained as a biochemist - so passe'. These days, maybe molecular biologist is a better description, besides it sounds way cooler.  The last 25 years spent in the research end of a university hospital, general surgery dept. 42 years standing at lab benches - my feets are tired.  
 Biohazards? Heehee. Back in the old days we pipetted by mouth and ate/drank (beer on Fridays) right in the lab. Times have changed.

Trained as a biochemist - so passe'. These days, maybe molecular biologist is a better description, besides it sounds way cooler.  The last 25 years spent in the research end of a university hospital, general surgery dept. 42 years standing at lab benches - my feets are tired.  
 Biohazards? Heehee. Back in the old days we pipetted by mouth and ate/drank (beer on Fridays) right in the lab. Times have changed.

That is awesome!

So you have found the zombie cure right? Haha

The cure for real zombies is to destroy all crack pipes.

[attachment id=2403" thumbnail="1] 

[attachment id=2404" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

True that! My cb750 gets asked all kinds of questions...it does look odd but the motor is so easy to recognize!4b7501e393d89487dc1d72b6761cefaf.jpg

c6297396d508899a2f3b3df7792ce437.jpg

9c7a4e0fb07bfda21b30bd585e8cf313.jpg

It just keeps gettin weirder

Archived