The MT-07 Forum

Forum Vendor joins the ownership society

pattonme

That's right folks, I actually haven't owned an FZ07 until about 20 minutes ago. What started with a quick joy ride around the block on @unknown 's bike a couple years ago has now culminated in acquiring @fusbal 's steed.

It's a 'Raven' which will shortly be changed to Silver with gray accents. It's very nicely upgraded except for the suspension, which naturally, I won't let stand... :) Ohlins NIX-22 for starters.

Have a lower/straighter handlebar (Pastrana low) on it's way.
And changing to GP-shift is a must.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Wow, 2 years soaking in all things FZ07 through osmosis and now you own one! Congrats!

What was your ride before (or your other rides)?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I also have:

2008 DRZ400SM (dirt+track+street)
2007 KTM 690SM
2002 Aprilia RSVR
2004 Aprilia Tuono
2005 KTM 525SMR (track)
2002 SV650 (now track)
2001 SV650
1999 SV650 (basket case)
2014 FZ09
2016 Aprilia RSV4 Tuono Factory (pulled my deposit)

Several of the above are for sale.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I also have: 
2008 DRZ400SM
2007 KTM 690SM
2002 Aprilia RSVR
2004 Aprilia Tuono
2005 KTM 525SMR
2002 SV650 (now track)
2001 SV650
1999 SV650 (basket case)
2014 FZ09
2016 Aprilia RSV4 Tuono Factory (pulled my deposit)

Several of the above are for sale.
??? I'll be honest, I don't know how your FZ07 fits in with all of those considering you have a fz09 and a few sv650s.   

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I buy bikes when the price is right to downright good - especially those with expensive upgrades (eg. Marchessini wheels) that I can get for pennies on the dollar. Like the FZ09 - $5000 a year ago(!) with bars, mirrors, controls, exhaust and Dynojet V. Again, in dire need of suspension fixes but a below-market price with the goodies was sufficient motivation.

As you can see most of these are singles or twins. I like torque and less screamers.

That said, I used to own:
2001 Kaw ZR7S
1995 Honda CB750 with 110,000 miles
1998 Triumph Trident (too damn top heavy)
199? Suzuki GS500e (race)

You're right why own an FZ07 when I have SV650s with carbs(!!). Because I want to try new things. If it passes muster it'll stay.

I forgot to mention the
1994 Trimph Daytona 900 (basket case)

But I'll admit the situation has gotten out of control so I'm modernizing the herd and cutting the older ones loose.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I buy bikes when the price is right to downright good - especially those with expensive upgrades (eg. Marchessini wheels) that I can get for pennies on the dollar. Like the FZ09 - $5000 a year ago(!) with bars, mirrors, controls, exhaust and Dynojet V. Again, in dire need of suspension fixes but a below-market price with the goodies was sufficient motivation. 
As you can see most of these are singles or twins. I like torque and less screamers.

That said, I used to own:
2001 Kaw ZR7S
1995 Honda CB750 with 110,000 miles
1998 Triumph Trident (too damn top heavy)
199? Suzuki GS500e (race)

You're right why own an FZ07 when I have SV650s with carbs(!!). Because I want to try new things. If it passes muster it'll stay.

I forgot to mention the
1994 Trimph Daytona 900 (basket case)

But I'll admit the situation has gotten out of control so I'm modernizing the herd and cutting the older ones loose.

I only mentioned it because I am having a hard time finding the time to ride the FZ07 when I have a super naked in my stable.  And don't get me wrong, I'm jealous of your stable. :D

next year the suspension business goes on pseudo-hiatus after May thru October, except for commercial product orders and on request and turn-around will be subjected to track day schedule.

I'm going to spend the winter getting 15-20 cartridge kits all built and ready to go so all that will be needed is shim changes. Should dramatically cut down on service turn-around.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Really, you did not have one?  I can't imagine that.   Welcome to the forum, hoping some day soon I can send my forks your way.

That's right folks, I actually haven't owned an FZ07 until about 20 minutes ago. What started with a quick joy ride around the block on @unknown 's bike a couple years ago has now culminated in acquiring @fusbal 's steed. 
It's a 'Raven' which will shortly be changed to Silver with gray accents. It's very nicely upgraded except for the suspension, which naturally, I won't let stand... :) Ohlins NIX-22 for starters.

Really, you did not have one?  I can't imagine that.   Welcome to the forum, hoping some day soon I can send my forks your way. 

How can you stand the terrible stock forks?! Send them already!

Welcome and congrats! It will be interesting to see what you do with your own FZ, you've shaped and molded so many others.

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I just assumed you had an FZ with the amount of work that you have done with them, congrats on finally getting one!

Jealous of your stable, some great rides there.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

Congrats on the new ownership--I'll be sure to get any work done by you before your mini-hiatus this spring. ;-)

Why pull the deposit on the Tuono? People have been loving that bike from what I hear. (I have a different ape as well and it's beastly.)

• Premium Member

Nice @pattonme!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

My commute is too short and my time too limited to have the RSV4 anything more than a garage queen. It's a beast of a motor if you let it spool up and I like my "hee haws" as much as the next guy, but I'd rather flog a small/slow bike fast than dodder around on a superbike. That said, the 0% financing is still good to the end of the year and depending how much it costs me to get teh Tuono and RSVR back into service and sellable condition, I might still pick it up. It's just so beautiful!

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived