The MT-07 Forum

Engine mounting bolts torque specs?

versysrider

I bought some Woodcraft frame sliders and want to know the torque spec for the engine mount bolts that go through the sliders.
Also anyone have a free pdf download for the factory service manual?  Funny I haven't found a thread for that, as someone posted a free pdf for the FZ-09 before most people had even seen one at a dealer.

'16 Yamaha FZ-07, '15 Yamaha FZ-09

Its kind of confusing (if you look at the shop manual), I believe it is lubricated 54ft lbs, someone has to confirm it.  But it should be noted, OES sliders has a torque of 35ft lbs, guessing that has something to do with the sliders themselves, maybe you can just do 40ft lbs on the woodcraft?  I don't know, having 54 ft lbs with sliders on seems might mess up the sliders since it isn't steel like the frame.

Also there is this:

http://fz07.org/thread/3751/yamaha-fz-07-torque-specs

Although it is hard to use that without pictures, I'm sure it will still come in handy.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Its kind of confusing (if you look at the shop manual), I believe it is lubricated 54ft lbs, someone has to confirm it.  But it should be noted, OES sliders has a torque of 35ft lbs, guessing that has something to do with the sliders themselves, maybe you can just do 40ft lbs on the woodcraft?  I don't know, having 54 ft lbs with sliders on seems might mess up the sliders since it isn't steel like the frame. 
Also there is this:

http://fz07.org/thread/3751/yamaha-fz-07-torque-specs

Although it is hard to use that without pictures, I'm sure it will still come in handy.

Thank you for your reply, looks like 40 or 54ft. lbs. (according to the tq. spec list) depending on the size of the fastener. I went with the Woodcraft sliders as they are aluminum with a solid replaceable delrin slider that is fastened through the aluminum with a bolt running horizontally, so you aren't crushing any of the slider material when attaching through the engine mount.   Thanks also for the torque spec. list, I hadn't seen that before.

Well I guess I'm never quite sure what category a thread belongs in. Although this being "problems and answers", it seems as though any question posed on this forum would belong here. So it still may cause some confusion for me.

Welcome to the forum, happy you joined us.

1. Yes, tech related questions go in this board. If it is an original question that hasn't been answered yet in the tech tips section, then we would move this thread again into the tech tip section so that thousands of others can also learn from it for years to come. Alot of the tech tip threads actually started here as question threads.

2.But the answer to your question is already covered in top of the tech tips section.

3.It's all good, Im used to moving stuff out of the general discussions board. I do this so that everything is in it's proper section and easy to find. If I didn't, then the general discussions board would end up being a cluster phuck like face book groups, where everything gets lost and the same questions get asked every other day.

WE have a search feature up top and one can find the answer to most fz-07 questions there.

The manual calls for 55 Nm. That translates to 40 ft-lbs. Didn't notice anything about lube.

Adding antisieze or oil to threads will always result in a tighter bolt/fastener at whatever spec torque as there's less friction. If OES specs lubing the threads, then this is why their spec is lower.

Be careful not to get Nm and ft-lbs specs mixed up. Those bolts go thru a hole in the frame and thread into the aluminum motor. Repairing those threads would not be fun

Welcome to the forum, happy you joined us. 
1. Yes, tech related questions go in this board. If it is an original question that hasn't been answered yet in the tech tips section, then we would move this thread again into the tech tip section so that thousands of others can also learn from it for years to come. Alot of the tech tip threads actually started here as question threads.

2.But the answer to your question is already covered in top of the tech tips section.

3.It's all good, Im used to moving stuff out of the general discussions board. I do this so that everything is in it's proper section and easy to find. If I didn't, then the general discussions board would end up being a cluster phuck like face book groups, where everything gets lost and the same questions get asked every other day.

WE have a search feature up top and one can find the answer to most fz-07 questions there.

My searches usually don't have very good results either, don't know if I'm too specific, or not specific enough, or just phrased wrong. 

The manual calls for 55 Nm. That translates to 40 ft-lbs. Didn't notice anything about lube.  
Adding antisieze or oil to threads will always result in a tighter bolt/fastener at whatever spec torque as there's less friction. If OES specs lubing the threads, then this is why their spec is lower.

Be careful not to get Nm and ft-lbs specs mixed up. Those bolts go thru a hole in the frame and thread into the aluminum motor. Repairing those threads would not be fun
Thanks for the reply. Yes, lube will result in a tighter fastener.
For sure I wont get NM and Ft. Lbs. mixed up (been wrenching for 40 years). Yes, my concern with knowing the torque spec was because of the aluminum engine casting. Damage that and you're screwed.

Archived