The MT-07 Forum

Gravel = devil, even at 1 MPH.... Questions about repair...

slyyder

I would not go buying bits till you know what is wrong for sure, I still
suspect it only needs the forks realigning, get someone that knows what they
are doing to have a look.

I would not go buying bits till you know what is wrong for sure, I still suspect it only needs the forks realigning, get someone that knows what they
are doing to have a look.
+1 

• 5 months later...

Quick update, and a couple questions. I just took the bike in and they told me that both the clamp and the handlebars are bent. If i replace with stock parts, its going to be $350ish. Should I stick with stock parts or are there aftermarket options that you guys would recommend.

• Global Moderator

I have no complaints as far as the stock handlebars so I would probably stick to stock. But now is you chance to upgrade if you want. Aftermarket could be cheaper too.

• 2 months later...

Going through the same thing right now. Did you ever figure out what's wrong? I hit a guard rail on a turn coming off the freeway. however, I ordered the handlebar and clamps online. It can't be no more than 120 bucks.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Slyyder I have a stock bar I'll give you just pay shipping costs. I replaced mine with a Renthal. I might have some bar ends... my bike was knocked over in a parking lot so one may be slightly damaged. Send me a pm if you want the bar.

I fixed it. I didn't need new bars or clamps. I simply loses the two bolts under the triple clamp and I jerked the handlebar back in place. It helps if you push/pull against something solid. I used the lightpost in the alley. tighted everything back and good to go. i had the same crooked looking speedo too. It was driving me nuts

Archived