The MT-07 Forum

Anybody have a bad ECU?

alexm963

I'm looking to acquire a bad/broken/damaged/burnt ECU. I want to figure out what connector they use on it. I can't find any part number on the main harness plug that results in a connector. The only noticeable marking on it are material call outs for their molding process. Anybody have one they had to replace? Or any insight into what connector is on the main harness?

Actually after some great google-fu I figured it out. I will hopefully have a connector on order soon.
Just curious, are you going to attempt to re-flash your own bike? Why the interest in this?

Beemer

• Premium Member

Check with FlashTune or Woolich racing for harness extentions and or flashing harness...they both offer the ability to create custom maps...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Let us know which flash tool you go with...As far as I know Woolich has the most features available to tune or disable or enable over Flash Tune...both are very excellent platforms...my FJ-09 ECU was the first to go thru 2wdw and had him install the race tool kit and upload his stock FJ-09 map into the Woolich software, my FZ-07 ECU will also be sent back for a reflash with Woolich kit... Which other inputs/output options are you looking for? 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

PCV has pressure table features which you run your 2 input wires into the PVC unit even the ability to tune each gear and also see data in real time via pod display and you will probably have to also use Flash Tune kit to get decel injection back on or remove speed limiter but I have heard of MicroSquirt? systems, I seen on DIY turbo builds which I know nothing about..

PCV is basically useless for anything past minor modifications. Only allows up to 10% longer pulse rate than what the ecu is sending. Upgrading the injectors will allow it to be safe on boost but probably way over fueled off boost. And my tuner thinks it would be a nightmare to get right with such a limited resolution.

Microsquirt is the way I'm headed. Just need to make up the PCB to adapt from stock harness to it. Connectors aren't cheap and have a minimum order quantity. I also need to verify if the factory components are all compatible with microsquirt. Might have to make some transfer function circuits.

Guest ChicagoAJ
PCV is basically useless for anything past minor modifications. Only allows up to 10% longer pulse rate than what the ecu is sending. Upgrading the injectors will allow it to be safe on boost but probably way over fueled off boost. And my tuner thinks it would be a nightmare to get right with such a limited resolution.  
Microsquirt is the way I'm headed. Just need to make up the PCB to adapt from stock harness to it. Connectors aren't cheap and have a minimum order quantity. I also need to verify if the factory components are all compatible with microsquirt. Might have to make some transfer function circuits.
Did you happen to have this turbo build uploaded on Imgur maybe a week or so ago? If so, I saw it. Looks interesting. 

Did you happen to have this turbo build uploaded on Imgur maybe a week or so ago? If so, I saw it. Looks interesting. 
Nope that wasn't mine, nor did I see it. Got any links? I haven't had much fab time lately with school and work. Mainly been working on the tuning side. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

Nah, I only saw it for a brief moment. Turbo was pretty small and header collector was a giant square that barely fit under the bike.

Archived