The MT-07 Forum

Philadelphia checking in

esseffgee

Hiya.

I'm Scott.  I picked up a Matte Silver 2016 a couple months back.  It's my first street bike ever, and my first bike in close to 20 years.  I had a lot of time and a few hundred acres available to me as a kid to ride an assortment of four wheelers, dirt bikes, go-karts, etc.  But I was not allowed a road bike..."not while you're under my roof," Mom said.  After I was well out from under their roof there was a lot of "not while I'm alive."  My kid sis got into bikes several years back after using her credit and insurance to get a bike for her then boyfriend.  They broke up, she kept the bike.  Mom wasn't pleased, but couldn't do much to stop her.  Then, last spring, Mom passed away.  I had been talking about getting a bike for a couple years, and always had some reason or another that I wasn't going to do it right then.

Now...Mom's gone, and sis and me are what's left (dad died several years ago).  We have almost nothing in common; we'd talk a few times a year, mostly around birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.  I bought a bike, and now we talk a couple times a week.  We're even planning on her joining my wife, my daughter, and me on vacation, and bringing the bikes so we can go off and do something together.

Anyways..bike.  I threw on a Satin Blue Ermax Sport windscreen.  Otherwise, for now, the bike is bone stock.  Plans for the near term include getting a USB port working (about to post that elsewhere), some shorter levers, and probably an exhaust come spring time.

oJgmwLl.jpg

Welcome and congrats! I have a satin blue screen like that also but mine is a hair taller, I think. Glad to hear that bikes brought the fam closer and sorry about your parents.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I live a little over an hour west of Philly. Be safe out there.

Welcome and congrats! I have a satin blue screen like that also but mine is a hair taller, I think. Glad to hear that bikes brought the fam closer and sorry about your parents.
I considered it, but liked the somewhat more streamlined look of the Sport height.  It's such a quick swap, and I reckon they use the same mount, so I figured if it wasn't enough for longer/highway rides, I could always pick up the other as well.

dentalprodigy

Welcome. I'm digging the matte blue wind screen. I'm from South Jersey ~ 15 mins from Philly.

Archived