Enertia Plus $10,995.00 $10,995.00

short range use only

Performance
Max Speed 110 mph / 177 km/h
Driving Range City: 128 miles* / 206 km
Highway: 58 miles** / 93 km
Combined: 80 miles*** / 129 km
*SAE City Riding Range Test Procedure for Electric Motorcycles
(variable speed, 19 mph / 30km/h average)
**SAE Highway / Constant Speed Riding Range Test Procedure for Electric Motorcycles
(70 mph / 113 km/h sustained)
*** SAE Highway Commuting Cycle (.5 City weighting, .5 Highway weighting)

• Global Moderator

I know that people say that EV's are the future and the Brammo looks nice and all, but spending $25k (Canandian) +delivery etc. on a short range electric bike makes no sense to me. How many mile do you have to ride to benefit from the fuel cost advantage.

By the time they have figured out the biggest issue with all electric vehicles (short range & long sharing time) I am afraid the industry will have figured out a better propulsion system, maybe some sort of fuel cell system or cold fusion.
I still don't understand why in 2014 we are still fooling around with batteries or conventional fuel.

I'd love for you guys to visit my electric bike forum, EVMotorider, it's in my sig below.

Electric bikes are the future. Right now they are good for people who live in cities, or who have bosses that let them recharge their bikes. A freind of mine has the Zero that is kinda like a dirtbike. He rides it 22 miles to work ea day and his employer gets a tax credit for letting him charge it everyday. On the way home from work, he usually takes trails home, as a shortcut but also to get in a fun dirt ride. Thing is, the trails that he takes are mountain bike only trails. The mountain bikers don't mind him, and he is silent like a mountain bike. The bike has all kinds of power, is fun to ride and it requires almost no maintenance.

Again, please consider visiting my forum EvMotorider and posting. Someday, you will be riding an electric bike. The range increases on these bikes every year an I predict that in 5 years, the range will have increased enough for me to buy one.

• Premium Member
I know that people say that EV's are the future and the Brammo looks nice and all, but spending $25k (Canandian) +delivery etc. on a short range electric bike makes no sense to me. How many mile do you have to ride to benefit from the fuel cost advantage.  
By the time they have figured out the biggest issue with all electric vehicles (short range & long sharing time) I am afraid the industry will have figured out a better propulsion system, maybe some sort of fuel cell system or cold fusion.
I still don't understand why in 2014 we are still fooling around with batteries or conventional fuel.

You're right, they're cool and possibly the future.. but from an enviromental or resource based perspective very flawed. Doesn't matter that you don't burn petrol directly, when the electricity stored is primarily generated by coal and natural gas. Nevermind the manufacture and disposal of the millions of batteries if an entire country heavily used electric based transportation.

But that's another topic for another time. Very cool, but still gotta get the original energy source improved while still innovating on the technology.

Everything went braap.

Archived