The MT-07 Forum

Time is not our friend

jchin3081

Guest 2wheeler

LOL - While I am not a west coaster or a southener, I live in the DC area where the longest down time we have is 2-4 weeks.

Weird place to live in general and definitely weird weather.

suspiciouspackage

I guess I'd be a killjoy by saying that riding season is year-round in SoCal, provided you have the right gear.

• Premium Member

I look at is as time for the bike to rest, you have to think because you only ride for 6 months or less your putting half the miles as other guys so the bike last 2X as long.
The other thing I like is the excitement of getting back on two wheels after a long cold winter its like being a virgin all over again. I like the seasons it just wish winter was a little shorter ;)

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Elvishpresley

I love riding rain and especially as snow is falling as long as the streets are just warm enough to prevent freezing.

Right gear and mindset makes all the difference.

I love riding rain and especially as snow is falling as long as the streets are just warm enough to prevent freezing. 
Right gear and mindset makes all the difference.

I used to ride in the rain a lot. Never in the snow though, but you're correct about the right gear and mindset. Just have to always remember that the bad drivers on the rode are even worst when it's raining.

Archived