ernestgo

I've lurked.
I've sat on.
I've read reviews.
I've watched every logger online.
I've watched Revzilla

etc.
etc.

I currently own a cruiser. I rode my dads's bikes for a long time. Got married. Bought a cruiser and never thought about any other type of bike until I saw a vid on Revzilla while.

I'm hoping to grab an fz-07 within a couple weeks...just before nasty weather here in central IN.

I mainly commuted on my bike now. It's a great way to "have fun" while going to/from work.
I love romping around town too. Buuuut, I'm tired of the long turning radius, carburetion...(choking the bike to start it) and 30-40 HP.

So, HI.
I'm hoping to grab a good windscreen, eliminate the "kite-tail" license plate thingy and buy a real bag/case for the back.

I'm still reading about the mods though.

I'll just be happy with something NOT-sluggish, that handles great, and that will be "fun on demand".

I'm also eyeing the XSR900. But, I just don't see me stretching it's legs with my job on campus and family life. It sure looks glorious though.

billytwotimes

All I can say is if you have the funds and it's been tickling your fancy, go for it!! The bike is amazing for the price, I've had mine for 4 months and I've put 6500 miles on it. You will not be disappointed!

I was on cruisers for 10 years before I really got into aggressive riding, and ended up with the 07 because it was comfortable enough for longer rides but also sporty enough to have a lot of fun with. I've been through 5 states with it, and also been to the track with it. It did both of those jobs really well! The only thing I recommend doing ASAP is the front forks, they are horribly undersprung (unless you actually happen to weigh 130lbs).

I'd love to take an FZ7 for a ride before I buy. The Yama dealer in town here is reluctant to oil up and gas it for me to test ride.

He wants to make a sale... but doesn't "want it to sit all winter" if I don't buy.

I may head north to a couple dealers that have them listed online for 6900.

http://www.dreyermotorsports.com/2016-yamaha-fz-07-inventory.htm?id=972172&in-stock=1

I've got an email from them "7909" out the door. Which, to me, sounds like the crap "freight, set up and paperwork" charges are included.

ernestgo, I live in Lafayette Indiana and I'm planning on selling my FZ 07.

It's a 2016, black (raven edition) with about 5000 miles on it. I am actually selling it to get a bigger bike, a cruiser or a sport tourer which I can take on long cross country trips.

The bike comes with a decent amount tasteful mods, including the akrapovic titanium exhaust which costs $1000+. It also has a power commander 5, and an autotuner installed.

I'll post the link to the sale page once I have it up for sale.

Here is the link to my sale page: http://fz07.org/thread/6752/2016-raven-akrapovic-titanium-system 
Please feel free to contact me with questions.
Thanks for the offer. Looks good. But I'm going to be trading in my cruiser towards the bike I'm going to obtain. My wife gave me the "look", when I mentioned possibly having 2.

And, I honestly don't need 2 bikes.

Here is the link to my sale page: http://fz07.org/thread/6752/2016-raven-akrapovic-titanium-system 
Thanks for the offer. Looks good. But I'm going to be trading in my cruiser towards the bike I'm going to obtain. My wife gave me the "look", when I mentioned possibly having 2.  

What kind of cruiser do you have?

What kind of cruiser do you have?
It's a 
h him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

From Hoosier native to another, welcome! I may not live in Indy any more (grew up in Avon/Plainfield), but it will always have my heart.

You're lucky to be in Bloomington, some great rides in southern Indiana. If I ever get me bike up there, we should definitely go for a ride.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

7909??  Too much.

Dreyer has lowered sale price at the link you posted  to 6,299.00 now.

If you are in central Indiana check out Westfield Powersports. They always seem to have best prices. They have 2016 listed for $6199.  

I'd love to take an FZ7 for a ride before I buy. The Yama dealer in town here is reluctant to oil up and gas it for me to test ride. 
He wants to make a sale... but doesn't "want it to sit all winter" if I don't buy.

http://www.dreyermotorsports.com/2016-yamaha-fz-07-inventory.htm?id=972172&in-stock=1

I've got an email from them "7909" out the door. Which, to me, sounds like the crap "freight, set up and paperwork" charges are included.

It would be great to be able to test ride one. Fox's in town here doesn't want to gas one up. I've only sat on one, sadly. Kinda frustrating.
Of love to meet and ride someone's

7909??  Too much.  
Dreyer has lowered sale price at the link you posted  to 6,299.00 now.

If you are in central Indiana check out Westfield Powersports. They always seem to have best prices. They have 2016 listed for $6199.  

There's always the option to just wait until after Christmas and get one since the roads will be bad soon or would Christmas spending put a damper on getting one?

Beemer

Search for a used bike on Cycletrader or Craigslist etc and go test ride it. I found multiple used bikes at dealerships and private in a quick internet search. They maybe a good option to buy too being priced lower than new.

It would be great to be able to test ride one. Fox's in town here doesn't want to gas one up. I've only sat on one, sadly. Kinda frustrating. Of love to meet and ride someone's

• 1 month later...

Decided to keep my fz. Went to take a test ride on the cruiser I felt like i was on a lazy boy, so comfortable but not for me. And the fz07 is too good of a bike to justify trading for other sport bikes.

Anyway, hope you doing the fz you were looking for, and please post pics once you do.

Archived