The MT-07 Forum

New Member and FZ-07 Owner

CarGuy7a

Hey all just joined the forums here and thought I'd show off some pics of my new FZ-07. I love riding this bike. It's definitely a head turner especially with the Akra exhaust. As far as I know I am the only owner of an FZ-07 in my area. I have not seen another one around here. Little back story leading up to me buying the FZ-07. I've been riding a CRF450R supermoto for a year or so now and got to the point where I wanted something a little more open road friendly so I started researching the naked sport bikes. I could not find anything I liked style wise or sound wise. The 4 cylinder crotch rocket sound just does not appeal to me. I then came across a couple of naked twin cylinder bikes that really caught my eye "and ear", the FZ-07 and the KTM superduke 1290R. I pretty much ruled out the superduke just on price point I couldn't see myself spending almost 20G's on a bike so I started digging into the FZ-07 a little more. I looked into this bike for a little over a year before pulling the trigger on it. I used to race dirt oval go carts for about 15 years at a track that also raced motorcycle classes and the guy that runs the track also owns a Honda/Yamaha dealership and I knew them very well from racing. So I looked on their website and noticed they had a Raven FZ-07 in stock. I thought about it for a while and would check periodically and see it was still on the site. About 4 months later I decided I'm going to buy an FZ-07 so I looked again and it was still on their site and I thought "yeah right what are the chances they still have it?" So I called them up and they still had it so I went and looked at it and sat on it and was instantly hooked and took it home the next day and have not been regretting buying it one bit. I love this bike.

Enough with the jibber jabber. Here's the mods list and pics. (Some mods are not in the pictures).
Renthal Road medium bars
CRG shorty brake lever
RSC full length easy pull clutch lever
Oury Road grips (awesome BTW)
Womet Tech front, rear, and frame sliders
TST Industries LED turn signals & Relay
Bikemaster Bar end mirrors
Homemade fender eliminator using the stock mounting brackets
GYTR Radiator Guard
K&N Airfilter with modded Snorkel
PCV
Akra Titanium Full exhaust Baffle removed

FZ-07%203_zpsyxpiyoly.jpg
FZ-07%202_zpsamoauv0u.jpg
FZ-07%201-2_zpsqa7azsu1.jpg

FZ-07%203_zpsyxpiyoly.jpg.html

Thanks guys. Yeah the Oury grips are awesome. I put some on my 400EX and fell in love with them. The stock FZ grips were too small of a diameter for my comfort level. After a day at work the ride home had my hands cramping. The Oury grip leave my hands cramp free.

Archived