The MT-07 Forum

Gauge stop working!!!

tony04

So I was just out for a short ride and came out of corner and got on the throttle pretty hard, as I looked down to check my speed the entire gauge cluster was blank as if the bike was off. Bike seemed to be running fine so I pulled over and turn it off and waited about 30 seconds. Turned key back on and nothing happen on the dash but the bike still started up. All the lights were working correctly. I rode about five to my house and shut it down. Waited about a minute and turned the key and the cluster fired right up like normal, after about 10 seconds it flashed off and rebooted again as if I had turned the key off then on.... any suggestions on what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated!!

• Premium Member

Yes, plug/unplug the connector several times and see if the problem disappears. I suspect it will. Normally, I'd also recommend spraying both connectors with contact cleaner and allowing to dry, but I'm not sure I'd want to do this into connectors I'm not certain of how they are constructed, even though the stuff evaporates almost immediately unless one soaks the target. All the best!!!

What's been said. When the dealer sets up the bike from the crate, installing and plugging in the cluster is part of that job. My rubber boot wasn't seated correctly hence how that spider got in.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

With a little delay, I've found a pict of the rear of the 07's cockpit:

Schermata_2016_10_23_alle_13_36_25.png

I hope this will help, in the future.
:)

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

Archived