The MT-07 Forum

Matris f15k install questions

dqban

Hello,

I've been on the form for a little while now and I've had my bike a little over a year....... after following various threads I purchased the matris kit from Matt with his upgrades and I'm getting ready to do the install...... just waiting on some final things.(Oil and oil level syringe)..... as I wait for these I'm trying to familiarize myself as much as possible with the set up before starting...... so my first question is about internal preload.

I understand the concept of preload but I'm not sure what the "internal" preload adjustment is.

Are they referring to the position of this nut prior to install of the fork cap?
6dab33b10cf5e58dd3c686c831d646d6.jpg

If so, how do I determine where to put it?

Hi @dqban,
you can vary the "basic" preload by moving the ring (red arrow) to one of the two places (yellow arrow):

Matris_F15_02_internal_preload.jpg

I suggest you to move the ring to the lower place.

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

I just measured this the other day. the lowest of the original 3 results in 12mm of preload which is a bit much. By default the kits comes with the snap ring in the middle which was 16 or 17mm which is egregious. I cut another 4th groove and that would get 7mm of preload.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

there's already a rather long install thread. Buy maybe a post or two to fill in some gaps?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I was going to post some pictures of my install. Mostly little things that came up that might serve as pearls for the next person to attempt.... so far everything has gone relatively as expected.
The biggest challenge was getting the Allen bolt out of the bottom of the left fork

Does anyone know how much torque we are supposed to apply to the Allen bolts on the bottom that screw into the damper rod?

• 3 weeks later...
I was going to post some pictures of my install. Mostly little things that came up that might serve as pearls for the next person to attempt.... so far everything has gone relatively as expected. The biggest challenge was getting the Allen bolt out of the bottom of the left fork

Does anyone know how much torque we are supposed to apply to the Allen bolts on the bottom that screw into the damper rod?

@dqban did you ever finish the install? Any early thoughts and impressions?

I was going to post some pictures of my install. Mostly little things that came up that might serve as pearls for the next person to attempt.... so far everything has gone relatively as expected. The biggest challenge was getting the Allen bolt out of the bottom of the left fork

@dqban did you ever finish the install? Any early thoughts and impressions?

I did finish the install. They are a definite improvement over the stock set up. Ironically, however I am going to sell the kit. As good as it is, I ended up buying a new bike.

Archived