The MT-07 Forum

New member intro

armydude52c

Just ordered my FZ 07 will be delivered tomorrow. Couldn't resist, ordered without even sitting on the bike. Will be my first bike although I have rode dirt bikes for a few years now. Not sure how my experience will translate to the road but am excited to learn

Welcome man and congrats in the purchase. Be prepared, yo aren't gonna be available for anyone for a lil while as you will be either riding, washing, installing and a hell of a whole of time just looking at your FZ-07.

Also don't sell the dirtbike..

I'm from Dexter, Mo. Probably the worst time of the year to buy a bike,gonna be getting cold soon but couldn't pass it up.

Welcome and congrats! I'd say you made a good choice. Not only because it's an FZ-07 (the bike all the bike magazines raved about) but since dirt bikes have good torque and higher, wider handlebars and an upright, neutral seating position you should feel a little more at home on this bike than a super sport. The engine thinks it's a Ferrari and just begs to be flogged. It's a fun bike, I think you'll like it well enough and I've always thought that my dirt riding experience was a plus. Army vet myself, 54 E (NBC (puke) ), ha!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome! You're gonna love it. And like @beemer said, the FZ-07 is closer to s dirt bike than almost anything at it's displacement, so your adjustment will have more to do with techniques for staying safe on the street rather than riding the MC. I highly recommend an MSF coarse if you can get into one. Even very experienced riders come away from the experience happy they did it.
Enjoy!

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

Great to have you on board. Thank you for joining. Yesterday is today so I can't wait to see picture and read your first impressions. Enjoy the moment !

I will post some pics soon. Basically just rode it home but it's amazing..love it could not be happier with it.trying to figure out how to upload pics from phone now

mushymushroom

I'm excited for you, I should be picking mine up Monday. I hope it doesn't rain and that it's warm that day.  I had all summer long to take my course and get my bike but instead I did overtime for down payment money.  Not sure how much longer I even get to ride in this Wisconsin weather. 

Archived