The MT-07 Forum

So. Cal. FZ Owners, how about a group ride?

asaulo1

I should be able to (aka I hate work), and I'm fine with going a little slower if it gets more people involved! You probably know those roads better than I do, so I'll take your lead on that.
very cool, compared to Palomar and some of the other motorcycle roads in san diego county, julian is pretty tame IMHO. My lady and I have both road julian quite a bit so i'm sure it wouldn't be a snails pace if she decides to come, also, I think even discussing this and you saying "you will go a little slower if it gets more people involved" will encourage more people of differing ability to come out and ride. I have a feeling a lot of people were scared away from the big so-cal fz-09 ride I was involved with a few weeks ago because they were worried about not being able to keep up.

Definitely smoother than Palomar's short side. I freaking love that place though. I don't want anyone to get scared off, or even think that I'm faster than I really am. I like to push my personal limits, but I don't pretend that a public road is a track or anything.

Guest daufcguy
Anyone want to ride to Wrightwood and back on ACH this coming weekend. We can meet up at the Shell Station off the 210 on highway 2. I'll just suggest a 10.00am meet up time. Who is up for it? 
I am GTG on either Saturday or Sunday.
I'll have to take a raincheck, i've got a little to much going on this weekend to get up that way, but I would definitely be interested in doing ach at another time, especially with someone who is familiar with that road (i've never ridden angel's crest)

Anyone want to ride to Wrightwood and back on ACH this coming weekend. We can meet up at the Shell Station off the 210 on highway 2. I'll just suggest a 10.00am meet up time. Who is up for it? 
I am GTG on either Saturday or Sunday.
I am going to take this off the table. But down for a shorter ride like Little Tujunga. 

Anyone else wanting to accompany daufcguy and I to Julian this Saturday, March 14? I'm going to start setting up the time and meeting place here pretty soon.

Guest daufcguy

Probably the highest concentration of FZ ownership in so-cal and no one is going to come out riding on a beautiful saturday?

I was in Fremont last weekend and I'll be in Phoenix this weekend. :-/

If there's a ride next weekend, I'll probably be up for it.

• Like 1

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

That's okay, I'm hoping that this is something that can happen every weekend because there are so many socal riders here.

Still looking for riders to come tomorrow!!!

Any ideas for next weekend?

• Premium Member

@daufcguy We do have a good amount, but many of us are all spread out. There is concentration of SD/South OC riders tho.

I'd hop on but I've been having freelance work on the weekends... and then it depends on the meet up time.
Julian is a good 70 miles from me.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest daufcguy

Yeah dude, we were talking about an 8 am start time (although thats not neccessarily set in stone) 70 miles would have ypu leaving your house pretty early on a saturday. But like he said, as many riders as we got out here would should be trying to do something pretty regularly

I'd be down for an idyllwild run next weekend. PM me if interested and we'll setup a meeting place and time when it gets a little closer so we don't step on anybody's toes with scheduling.

Guest daufcguy

Second that, i dont have enough time to go as far as idylllwild tomorrow but i would definitely be down for next weekend

rotaryryan24

There is a real good chance I could swing a ride next weekend too.

• Like 1

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

@Daufcguy and I went on the ride through Julian and some of the neighboring roads today. It was a blast! I'm really hoping that we can continue to get more people going and make this a weekly thing.

Next week, March 21, Saturday, Idyllwild is what's up next if anyone is interested, say so here or PM me and I'll get back to you with a time and meeting place so that everyone that wants to go can go without messing with anyone's schedule too much.

• Premium Member

Could you give me the route you're planning to take in Idyllwild? Never ridden there.

• Like 1

I usually do 243 heading south from Banning and turning onto the 74 heading towards Palm Desert.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Highway 74 palm desert / idylwild
Hey, I'm in Palm Springs, the dealership off of I-10 & Indian are having a ride next Sat, meet there at 8am.  I may ride Hwy 74 to Idylwild after we get back.  I'm not sure how long their ride is going to be. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Usually do gas @ Chevron in Palm Desert at 730/800 am then shoot up 74 south to Vista Point , a few laps then onto Idylwild and grub some mean breakfast . Back down the same way or down to the 10

rotaryryan24
Usually do gas @ Chevron in Palm Desert at 730/800 am then shoot up 74 south to Vista Point , a few laps then onto Idylwild and grub some mean breakfast . Back down the same way or down to the 10

do you have an address of the chevron, there seems to be quite a few around the area.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Chevron station sounds good to me, I've never taken the route in that direction before, so sounds fun. Is there an address for the Chevron, and is 8am good for everyone?

Dang I don't really know where any of that is, but I'm Bakersfield and I would be down for a ride this weekend if things all pan out. Is there an address for the chevron meeting point?

Edit: I'm second thought the seat on the fz07 is not quite comfortable enough to ride 3 hours there and 3 hours back for a ride lol. Looks like I will have to sit this one out. But the 33 isn't too far from me and neither is ACH so I will keep my eye out for one of those rides.

72801 California 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260

The Chevron Gas station address for the Idyllwild ride.

• Premium Member

Aaaannnd now I know why I haven't done this ride yet. It's a good 95 miles to get to the Chevron.

You all have a good one!

• Like 1