The MT-07 Forum

So. Cal. FZ Owners, how about a group ride?

asaulo1

rotaryryan24

I'm 50/50 right now, I came down with a stomach flu and have spent the last 36 hours with fluids uncontrollably coming out of either end of me. And a fever that topped out at 104. I really want to, so I'll chime in again in a couple of days.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Premium Member
I'm 50/50 right now, I came down with a stomach flu and have spent the last 36 hours with fluids uncontrollably coming out of either end of me. And a fever that topped out at 104. I really want to, so I'll chime in again in a couple of days.
Damn. Feel better!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest daufcguy

I gotta be back at my house by 10 am to meet the landscaper so if i met you in palm desert at 8 am i would have to turn right back around and go back to lakeside, im down for next saturday though (I would be down for this sunday but that doesn't work for you, right she3pdog?)

I gotta be back at my house by 10 am to meet the landscaper so if i met you in palm desert at 8 am i would have to turn right back around and go back to lakeside, im down for next saturday though (I would be down for this sunday but that doesn't work for you, right she3pdog?)
Ya, I've got to work on Sunday. There's always next time though. I'm sure we'll come up with some place cool to go for next weekend too.

So yeah .... Is that a No Go then or ? I'll be riding for sure either Sat or Sun so let me know what's up , we can do better than 2 or 3 guys eh .

Guest daufcguy
So yeah .... Is that a No Go then or ? I'll be riding for sure either Sat or Sun so let me know what's up , we can do better than 2 or 3 guys eh .
do you live in palm desert? im in lakeside so I would be interested in meeting up somewhere in between both of us if thats the case. i would be down to ride on sunday , pm me if you want to meet up. hopefully we can get a few more FZers involved

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I just drove from Palm Springs to Houston TX and back in the last 5 days (family issues) and now have to play catch up on work. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to ride once it's friggen 115 degrees outside in the middle of july lol

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
Thinking about Angeles Crest/Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear on Saturday.
Is Rt 2 open at Islip Saddle now? 

Thinking about Angeles Crest/Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear on Saturday.
Is Rt 2 open at Islip Saddle now?
I don't see anything online to suggest that it's closed, but I don't live close enough to just go check it out. This, of course, would be a huge damper on my day if it was. 
Edit: I lied, the ca dmv site says it's currently closed due to a rock slide. Bummer. I'll still do Arrowhead and Big Bear.

Work schedule just changed. I now work Wed-Sat instead of Sun-Wed. I'll only be able to make Sunday rides now.

Guest daufcguy
Work schedule just changed. I now work Wed-Sat instead of Sun-Wed. I'll only be able to make Sunday rides now.
no biggy, I'll still ride with you on sunday bud!
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Angeles Crest Highway closure update:
I spoke to a high level source Sunday (the waitress at Newcombs Ranch) and found out the problem is a large boulder in the road East Of Islip Saddle.
My high level source revealed that she commutes East and has a terrible commute because of the closure so she spoke to the LA Caltrans people who stopped there for lunch.
Apparently the San Bernadino Caltrans do not have the equipment to move such a large boulder and the LA people cannot get their large equipment through the tunnels. So they were planning on taking the equipment all the way around the mountain and resolve this in April. 

Angeles Crest Highway closure update: I spoke to a high level source Sunday (the waitress at Newcombs Ranch) and found out the problem is a large boulder in the road East Of Islip Saddle.
My high level source revealed that she commutes East and has a terrible commute because of the closure so she spoke to the LA Caltrans people who stopped there for lunch.
Apparently the San Bernadino Caltrans do not have the equipment to move such a large boulder and the LA people cannot get their large equipment through the tunnels. So they were planning on taking the equipment all the way around the mountain and resolve this in April. 
Neat report. Thanks! Imagine the bureaucracy involved in moving a  big rock off the road. So the road stays closed for weeks. Madness. Could probably have been done with manual labor, for the same involved man hours, by the time the job gets done. 

Ya, I ended up doing Rim of the World and Big Bear instead. It was still a good a ride.

I'm thinking Palomar mtn this upcoming Sunday if anyone is interested.