The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Fender Eliminator!

mericc

so look what fed-ex dropped off today!!

so I finally got a response from yoshimura a few days, I actually asked them if they had anything planned for the fz-07 and they said "its in the works" anyways I asked them if they could email if something came up, to which they did and I ordered!!! Sadly I cant install this yet  ??? cause my bike is still at GPR, but as soon as I get it, ill install it! Ill have a write up and video of the finish product when its done!

the kit is $129 directly from yoshimura and just found out Revzilla has it for $106 as soon as they receive it. SAFE RIDING EVERYONE

[url=]http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/yoshimura-fender-eliminator-kit-yamaha-fz-07-2015

10639403_10152330699833806_6562196414047824861_n.jpg
10547429_10152330699708806_3272091775011938816_n.jpg

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Global Moderator

Looks good ! So now you are only able to ride competitions on a closed course lol.

Looks good ! So now you are only able to ride competitions on a closed course lol.
yeah i know right? haha

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Just ordered one. I didn't feel like waiting on Revzilla, so I just ordered it direct from Yoshi.
A quick FYI if anyone decides to order one direct from Yoshi...  I typically have things shipped to my office due to having had packages stolen off my front porch in the past.  I got an email from a Yoshi sales adviser stating that in order to ship to an address other than the billing address, they need a copy of a utility bill with my name and the billing address on it.  

What the?!?!?  

On top of that, they also cannot ship any way other than ground when shipping to a different address than the billing address (I paid a little extra for 3-day shipping to get it in before the weekend so I could install it).  What kind of BS is that?

I just wanted anyone considering ordering something direct from Yoshi to be aware of this strange requirement.  

------------------

UPDATE: Yoshi is trying to rectify the situation and shipped my FE kit today overnight air at no extra charge. Unfortunately it shipped to my house and requires a signature. I'll likely be at work unable to sign for it, but maybe I can pick it up at the FedEx location Saturday? That's not their fault though - at least they tried. Kudos to their customer service for that.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Another update:

So I got the kit in yesterday after driving over to the FedEx pickup location where they held it for me. Took about an hour or so to install. Hardest part was figuring out how to remove all the plastic on the bike, but it wasn't too hard to figure out. Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality of this kit. Very sturdy and looks great.

One thing I thing should be mentioned about this kit is that if you want to mount rear turn signals on it with the supplied brackets, then the supplied license plate frame is an integral part of the kit, so don't expect to use any other license plate frame. The frame is metal just like the rest of the parts and to install the kit completely as shown with turn signals mounted, you bolt the license plate frame to the upper mounting bracket and the two turn signal brackets bolt to the license plate frame. I just thought I would point this out to anyone considering this kit.

Now, if you opt for not mounting the turn signals to it, you can also omit the license plate frame part and use whatever you want. I have some ideas for this I got from another post on here, so stay tuned.

Another update:  
So I got the kit in yesterday after driving over to the FedEx pickup location where they held it for me. Took about an hour or so to install. Hardest part was figuring out how to remove all the plastic on the bike, but it wasn't too hard to figure out. Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality of this kit. Very sturdy and looks great.

One thing I thing should be mentioned about this kit is that if you want to mount rear turn signals on it with the supplied brackets, then the supplied license plate frame is an integral part of the kit, so don't expect to use any other license plate frame. The frame is metal just like the rest of the parts and to install the kit completely as shown with turn signals mounted, you bolt the license plate frame to the upper mounting bracket and the two turn signal brackets bolt to the license plate frame. I just thought I would point this out to anyone considering this kit.

Now, if you opt for not mounting the turn signals to it, you can also omit the license plate frame part and use whatever you want. I have some ideas for this I got from another post on here, so stay tuned.

Nice, so jealous, I havnt even installed mine yet lol, still waiting to get my bike back hahah

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Why do these things cost so much. Over a hundred is way to much, you dont even get new turn signals with it. Just dont see the value in most of the name brand tail eliminators.

Why do these things cost so much. Over a hundred is way to much, you dont even get new turn signals with it. Just dont see the value in most of the name brand tail eliminators.
I'm pretty sure it's the stickers that come with the kit.  

• Premium Member

That's why you can't go wrong with Ryans tail tidy. Really though, it is the name.

Everything went braap.

In all honesty, it was a tough decision between the Yoshi kit and Ryan's. In the end, it really came down to the Yoshi license plate light style vs. reusing the stock light. Yeah, I probably could have just bought an aftermarket light, but oh well. I'm happy with the kit I got.

• Premium Member
heres some pictures of it installed 

070BG137000_A_L.jpg070BG137000_B_L.jpg

Thanks for posting! I haven't checked their site in a while… That's my bike!  :D

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived