The MT-07 Forum

Dart Manta review

martyinaustin

martyinaustin

i'll make this short and sweet.  i had the Givi:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-a2118-windscreen-yamaha-fz-07-2015-2016

it was nice...but this is better.  the Givi had some fit/finish issues on install
(nothing major).  the Dart was perfect.  i like how the windscreen "floats"
in a rubber grommet.  gives me the impression or illusion that it'll protect
the mounting contact point due to lack of friction.  dunno.

it's a bit higher than the Givi...not really noticable until i realized how it hid
my cell phone a bit better...i have it mounted on a RAM mounted cradle and
it's parallel to the spedo right above it.  the upshot is at slow to moderate
speeds, wind gets deflected to my face and at high speeds it's almost above
my helmet completely.  or so it feels....

i'm 5'10" and try to sit upright as opposed to "cafe" position.

i don't think i get any helmet buffeting at all.  i got her up to 95 purely
for research purposes...

ymmv,
marty

Guest 2wheeler

Hey Marty, as you know I just ordered one. At 5'6" your review makes it sound like it will be great for me.

Just curious, what tint did you get? I odered the dark tint, and am hoping that it will be fine at night. I'm semi-assuming that I will be basically looking over it at almost all times. Thoughts?

martyinaustin

i have the dark tint. i dont think you'll have a problem at all. i still feel well "above" the screen's top.

enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Guest 2wheeler

So I put my Dart Manta on today and went for a 25 mile ride.

Couple thoughts in addition to Marty's... the Manta takes wind off and around me (5'6") much better than the Givi, and while I haven't done long distance on it yet, I can tell it's going to be a lot better. I think that it will be all I will need for my big ride next year. It's fine for riding with my shield open on my helmet to 40mph which the Givi was not. Plus the mounting system is way better. In addition to the rubber grommets, it has a 3-way mounting system where each mount uses the 2 obvious bolts in addition to a side flange which attaches to a upper side bolt giving it a very secure feeling. It is also noticeably quieter than the Givi.

When I got the Givi, the Dart Manta was my second choice. I knew it would likely have better wind protection, but it just wasn't quite as cool looking as the Givi - lesson learned!

The plight of the biker.... cool vs fuction. If all of life's problems were this easy - LMAO

I appears that there is only a handful of us that have this windscreen on this forum. FWIW, I would seriously consider the Dart Manta if you are looking for a smaller screen that both functions well and doesn't look too bad. Also, the pics you see of it on the 07 look pretty much the same in real life. That might sound obvious but I have had many times where a picture isn't quite the same live.

http://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/yamaha-fz07-mt07

Thanks for this post. I have been looking hard at this screen as it looked to be better made and finish quality looked to be much better than the Double Bubble or the Givi. Even with the extra cost, I think that this will be the one I get when the time comes. Thanks Again!

Archived