The MT-07 Forum

Help after installing Tail Tidy - Seat Divider

bizzerk

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has run in to the issue i'm facing or has any ideas as to what could be causing it. Excuse me for not knowing the terminology, kinda new to this stuff.

I recently installed a fender eliminator and everything was going smoothly until it came time to reinstall the piece that sits between the two seats which spans across to connect the rear panels.

I can't for the life of my get it to fit back together, seems like a 4-5mm gap. All of the pieces have been bolted back together, everything is aligned with it's respective hole.

Now there is a very small piece of plastic that has snapped off from the underside of the piece which is meant to fit in the forward most slot. I understand this could be the cause of the issue, but I don't remember the piece being too hard to remove. To get it close enough to screw up I have to apply significant force to bend the panels to make it reach.

I've attached some pictures for reference.

Thanks!

IMG_1545.jpgIMG_1546.jpgIMG_1547.jpgIMG_1548.jpg

• Premium Member

The same thing happened to me. The part that broke off definitely is the problem. I super glued the little tab back together and it has been holding over a year but I have not attempted to remove the piece since. The dividers are on Ebay (used) for around $30 which I would get if you can't make it work, this is a highly visible area and that looks pretty bad.

looks like you have the body panels on wrong. the panels go over those outer bolt holes, not under them. once you do that everything should line up. right now the panels are too far apart.

Dave

AlbatrossCafe
looks like you have the body panels on wrong. the panels go over those outer bolt holes, not under them. once you do that everything should line up. right now the panels are too far apart. 
Dave
yep, this is totally it. 

• Global Moderator

I remember that being a pain when I did my fender eliminator, but I could not recall what the problem was. I am glad someone with a better memory than I was able to help.

Archived