The MT-07 Forum

Welp that was dumb. Paddock stand scratched swingarm

norcalnoob

I have a venom rear paddock stand with the rubber feet. I apparently had the feet far too tight (too close to the bike) and ended up with this beautiful scratch on my swingarm. Does anyone know how I can spot treat this? I'm thinking if I have the correct color in spray paint form I might be able to simply do a few very light coats. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks guys/gals

37157d6de077eea7652b406aa2985782.jpg

I keeps it real
Instagram: @mr_neeme

• Premium Member

Slap a vinyl sticker over it (easiest fix) or see if you can't find some matched touch up paint. If you opt for the spray paint route (which I wouldn't) try to mark everything off with painters tap and newspaper so that you're only spraying the scratched parts. 

scratched mine too, had it set a little to wide and it fell off when I was trying to roll it off the stand. If you find something that works let me know lol.

Slap a vinyl sticker over it (easiest fix) or see if you can't find some matched touch up paint. If you opt for the spray paint route (which I wouldn't) try to mark everything off with painters tap and newspaper so that you're only spraying the scratched parts. 
Meh to the sticker idea while that is a solution in theory it doesn't look that great 
Also yes, if I do spray it everything is getting masked

I keeps it real

Get a touch-up pen from any of the big firearms accessory vendors. Less is more when you blend the edges. It will be better than the masking and spray paint, because of the abrupt edges. This is the route I would go. But I am not an expert in this area. 

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Cleaning-and-Maintenance/Cleaning-Maintenance/Super-Black™-Touch-Up-Pen.aspx

Get a touch-up pen from any of the big firearms accessory vendors. Less is more when you blend the edges. It will be better than the masking and spray paint, because of the abrupt edges. This is the route I would go. But I am not an expert in this area.  
https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Cleaning-and-Maintenance/Cleaning-Maintenance/Super-Black™-Touch-Up-Pen.aspx
That's a great idea, I'm honestly just kind of concerned about it matching. This might seem petty I know but rather do it right the first time. 
All the paint match sites are for body components (the plastics) I cannot find anyone that makes frame paint to match

I keeps it real

• Premium Member
Meh to the sticker idea while that is a solution in theory it doesn't look that great 
Also yes, if I do spray it everything is getting masked
I think it depends on the sticker and the bike color. 
Here are two I've done. Cost me 5 dollars for a grab bag of vinyls and got the A star for free with gear I order.

IMAG0271_zpsmfnohni3.jpg

IMAG0255_zpstqikgioj.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10IMAG0255_zpstqikgioj.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10IMAG0255_zpstqikgioj.jpg

Obligatory time for spools and pitbull stand reply.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Obligatory time for spools and pitbull stand reply.
Well - thinking about ordering this off ebay the "chain adjuster with spools" 
I don't need a pitbull stand though, I can simply swap in the spool attachment to my current stand

s-l1600.jpg

I keeps it real

Archived