The MT-07 Forum

My Brief FZ-07 Story

axemanblue

I needed a daily rider to compliment my weekend weapon, and when the FZ-07 first debuted it seemed the perfect bike.  I tried a used one--hated it.  Tried a new one--hated it.  I wondered WTF were other people riding that I seemed to be missing?

Fast forward a year and a half, and my badass sportbike needs service just days before a trackday.  Right after I get the bad news that my big dog won't be ready by my trackday, I notice the shop has an FZ-07.  Tail tidy, bar ends, ASV levers, M4 slip-on, integrated blinkers, a goofy straight bar but under 1500 miles on a 2016.   I tried it--and it was a winner.  Daily rider obtained.

But what about my track day?  All the mods were great but, essentially cosmetic.  With no time to prep it before it needed to go on the truck, was I really going to take spongey suspension, stock tires, unfamiliar stock brakes, and an uncomfortable straight bar to the track?

BW7_2099_Oct1016_by_Rob_Cali_Photo.jpg

Yep.  ;)

It was so nice to throw around the track I'm actually taking it to my next couple track days.  It's a great bike to learn how to go fast.  But it does need modification, which brought me here.  Definitely looking forward to learning from you all (and picking up an OEM handlebar ASAP while I decide on clip ons for track use).

Have fun out there, riders.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Welcome to the family/community!!! Looking forward to your contributions.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome!

What the difference you felt the third time around?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome!  

I bet it's because the M4 Exhaust made his man bits tingly

• Global Moderator

Welcome @axemanblue, thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy our forum.

Welcome!  
I bet it's because the M4 Exhaust made his man bits tingly
That's right, dammit--my man bits don't tingle for just any exhaust, we're talking a loudass throaty who-needs-a-damn-baffle-anyway M4. 
motomeek it was partly the bikes I tried and partly perspective.  One of them had an issue with the throttle, and with the other I hadn't been on a sport twin in a long time so I was making an unfair comparison.  But with the proper perspective on a properly functioning bike (that *happened* to sound mean as hell) you can't beat it for the money.

Very glad it worked out third time around.  Like I said, looking forward to learning from you all to get this puppy in proper order to really give the guys on track a run for their money.

• Premium Member

You'll love the FZ-07 on the track with a few key modifications :)

Bars, Rearsets, and Suspension being the most helpful...

:)

- Paulie

Archived