The MT-07 Forum

2017 models on US yamaha site

Cruizin

• Premium Member

img_1.jpg

img.jpg

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

What are the new colors for '17?
I could be wrong but it would seem black is the only new color.

2017_Yamaha_XSR700_EU_Tech_Black_Studio_002.jpg

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

And no XSR-700 yet. Dammit Yamaha, dont you know this bike would sell here? WTF? 
No FJ-07 either!
I wonder if they're worried about introducing those other bikes too soon and hurting the sales of the FZ-07 since it's doing so well here. Then again, maybe they're just going to wait awhile to see how well they do in the UK first. Anyway, damned their calculations! Lets boycott their tea!  P-)

Beemer

And no XSR-700 yet. Dammit Yamaha, dont you know this bike would sell here? WTF? 
No FJ-07 either!
I wonder if they're worried about introducing those other bikes too soon and hurting the sales of the FZ-07 since it's doing so well here. Then again, maybe they're just going to wait awhile to see how well they do in the UK first. Anyway, damned their calculations! Lets boycott their tea!  P-)
That's what I am thinking. We've been wanting the ABS version since launch, only to just now receive it state side. Now we're clamoring now for the XSR, so we'll probably see it in a year or two based on that hunch. 

That's what I am thinking. We've been wanting the ABS version since launch, only to just now receive it state side. Now we're clamoring now for the XSR, so we'll probably see it in a year or two based on that hunch. 
OK, that's two people ready to boycott, lets do this! Do I hear three?!! I'm dumping all my tea in the toilet in protest!

Beemer

• Premium Member

It's probably a marketing / sales volume thing in the US. They want people buying FZ-09s in the form of FJs and XSRs and not dilute that market, at least until they feel they've milked it enough. Europe always get more (better?) models from almost every manufacturer because more people percentage wise ride MCs.

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest jrkleinow

The Matte Silver has a little different color on the striping and frame as well.

Why o why is there only ABS on the RED. I don't understand why this just isn't standard on all the color options with the ability to switch it off.

img.jpg

Wonder what it would cost to buy the XSR700 seat, tank panels, and headlight and swap it onto an FZ07
Might be slightly more complicated than that :( 
I've been researching the same (with a slight twist) and found some subtle differences. Tank / headlight / speedo seem pretty straight forward but the seat and tail might get tricky.

I recommend staring at the drawings on Motorcycle Spare Parts and comparing them to FZ drawings - especially the brackets on the frame around the tail.

Would love if someone beat me to the punch!

We got three colors here in Canada ... blue and red, both equipped with ABS. If you option for non ABS then you can choose between same blue and high-viz (gray).

• Premium Member
Wonder what it would cost to buy the XSR700 seat, tank panels, and headlight and swap it onto an FZ07
Might be slightly more complicated than that :( 
I've been researching the same (with a slight twist) and found some subtle differences. Tank / headlight / speedo seem pretty straight forward but the seat and tail might get tricky.

I recommend staring at the drawings on Motorcycle Spare Parts and comparing them to FZ drawings - especially the brackets on the frame around the tail.

Would love if someone beat me to the punch!

The subframe on the XSR is different than the 07, so you are correct.

Everything went braap.

I think that they should have left the ABS FZ-07 off from the lineup and brought the XSR700 instead.  Let's face it, FZ07 with ABS = $7500 or XSR700 with ABS, traction control, etc for what ~$8500?  I'd spend the extra grand to get those goodies and what I consider a better looking bike as well.  I'm curious to know if you maxed traction control and put the XSR900 in Mode B would it handle similar to the XSR700?  

Archived