Sign in to follow this  
Fearedbynone

will motech center stand work with yoshi full exhaust?

Fearedbynone
searched through the forums and Google, cannot find the answer.
emailed twisted throttle, no help.

i have the full yoshi exhaust Carbon fiber muffler with works finish header. looking to possibly put on the center stand.

does anyone know if it will fit? the yoshi sticks out a bit more than the akra Ti.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dave

markstertt
I'd like to know also...or it's back to the drawing board...Mark

afatrat
Yep. Only thing is, the foot just barely hits the can when the stand is up. I got some clear plastic tubing (don't remember the size off hand) and stretched it over the stopper bolt and cut off the excess. Worked perfectly.

FZ_07_Yoshi.jpg

cheap image hosting

faffi
Doesn't the thing drag during brisk cornering?

afatrat
No. The stand comes with longer peg feelers but they aren't needed as the stock feelers touch down before the stand as well.

bugeyes
No. The stand comes with longer peg feelers but they aren't needed as the stock feelers touch down before the stand as well.
Is it true? Can I safely remove the butt ugly long feeler pegs and put back the originals?

faffi
I plan to fit the stock pegs instead of the thin pins the PO put on, which I think also sits a bit higher than stock. Tests I've read and also watched on Youtube suggest the feelers go down very early, so it will be interesting to see if that holds true for an old and slow dude like me, or if they stay off the deck. If they hit early I'm gonna remove them - I prefer to use my toes/boots as feelers.

20170612_230031_1.jpg

afatrat
Is it true? Can I safely remove the butt ugly long feeler pegs and put back the originals?
I won't be held responsible, proceed at your own risk, blahbity blahbity, but in my experience, yes. Obviously they included them for a reason so I assume they give you more of a buffer between when the feelers touch down and when the stand starts dragging but the stock pegs definitely scrape before anything. 
If you're regularly grinding down the longer pegs, I'd say keep them as I'm not exactly in the habit of scraping through every turn, but the handful of times anything has touched down, it's been the feelers. 
  • Like 1

bugeyes
I won't be held responsible, proceed at your own risk, blahbity blahbity, but in my experience, yes. Obviously they included them for a reason so I assume they give you more of a buffer between when the feelers touch down and when the stand starts dragging but the stock pegs definitely scrape before anything. 
If you're regularly grinding down the longer pegs, I'd say keep them as I'm not exactly in the habit of scraping through every turn, but the handful of times anything has touched down, it's been the feelers. 
My long feelers don't have a scratch yet :)