The MT-07 Forum

Start, then No Start

Homie

New to the forum.  Sorry if my searching effort was inadequate and this has been covered, but I tried :'( .

Anyway, I bought my Red '15 FZ-07 a few months ago, have put a couple thousand miles on it and love it so far.  Yesterday I hopped on for an afternoon ride, started the bike, rolled it out to warm up, and realized I was low on fuel.  It had run for maybe 30 seconds before I stopped the bike by turning off the key.  I then fueled the bike up, went to re-start and got nothing but a ::click:: from the lower rear of the motor.  I've heard something similar in my car when the starter didn't have enough juice and would just activate the solenoid but not even try to turn the motor.  So, panicked, I try again.  ::click::

I waited a bit, took out the key, made sure I had turned off the ignition, tried again, AND... ::click::

Scratched my head, gave a big sigh, tried again (definition of insanity, right?).  Started right up.

Maybe it was a magic head scratch, but can anybody tell me what happened there?  Is my battery going dead?  It had been about two weeks since my last ride... vacation really gets in the way sometimes, LoL.

Thanks for any feedback... even if it's "WE ALREADY COVERED THIS A THOUSAND TIMES... <here> >:D "

Any chance bike was in gear first two times and kickstand was down? Bike will not start if in gear with kickstand down, even if clutch is pulled in - will only start if bike is in neutral (clutch in or out) or in gear with clutch in and kickstand in up position.

That was my first thought as well, so I made sure the neutral light was on before trying to start the second time. I suppose if I have the problem again I'll roll it down to the LBS and see what's up. I'll post it here if/when I get to the bottom of it.

Don't worry, you're good, it's only been covered 997 times. heh, heh! I don't know what happened but it's funny how electronics can act at times and all I know to do that works for (sometimes) is to power off and let everything reset. Maybe that's what happened for you, IDK. GL and keep an eye on it.

Beemer

Check the battery terminals are tight.
and any others you can see but be very
careful not to short any thing.
Dealer should sort it for free it's a
new bike.

Archived