The MT-07 Forum

Open Box Akrapovic TI

jimme

Ok so i jumped on a demo Akra TI for $600 on ebay cause that's what credit cards are for no? figured i'd save me $350. well i just got it today and everything looks good so far. it didn't have the o2 sensor adapter which i already knew it wouldn't before i bought, no biggy got one at revzilla. Problem i have though is it doesn't have the bolts that attach the muffler to the bracket as i will show in the pic below. Bolts are not really a problem but what i need to know is this muffler and bracket really made of Titanium. If so then won't i need titanium bolts so they wont corrode?
I contacted the seller who is willing to buy them for me but that's an even longer time to wait and having this exhaust in my house is bringing out the spoiled child in me. would it be safe to use some Homedepot bolts till the TI ones arrive if i use seize paste?

A_TI_Schematic_1.jpg

I don't know if those are suppose to come with titanium bolts but you can buy rust resistant bolts at H.D.

Beemer

AlbatrossCafe

Yes. The bolts are just holding the exhaust onto the bike - it's not like they are supporting 400lbs of weight. If you go with galvanized or zinc-plated bolts (which inhibit rust) you don't even have to replace them later with the ones from the seller unless you really feel like it.

Home Depot has an "ok" selection of bolts. A more dedicated hardware store like ACE Hardware, McClendons, or Johnson's (don't know what is available around you) will have everything you need.

thanks for the input. I went with some stainless bolts to use while i wait for the TIs to come in. I have to say though this was an incredibly easy install took all of 10min right out the box. Since it was so easy i won't mind taking it back out to put the new bolts. When i tried to take out the DB killer though is when i realized this was where they saved all the difficulty for. im just going to wait till i remove it again to try.

I can almost guarantee you that the bolts will just be stainless. Titanium bolts are around 10 times more expensive than stainless... and they're completely unnecessary in this situation.

Archived