The MT-07 Forum

What are your MPG losses with new exhaust systems?

Volksgeist

• Premium Member

We will lose about 3mpg avg with an aftermarket exhaust and flashtune...part of the reason we experience a drop in mpg is a slightly richer tune compared to stock due to better flow and when you get a 2wdw for example, they turn the "deceleration injection" back on which is why the engine braking gets smoothed out... But major impact in mpg regardless of aftermarket exhaust or not is how hard you twist the throttle...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

My fuel economy pretty much stayed the same. 55-60 calculated mpg with Marthy (delkevic) slip on and Dobeck jet kit.

Readout on the bike can range from 45-55, I've never calculated anything below 50. It's a total ballpark estimate to me.

Everything went braap.

Thinking of getting the akra carbon but i wont if it changes economy. Currently at 71-73 mpg in full stock setting
Give it up... performance does cost fuel. with LeoVince, 2wdw's flash, DNA filter and cover, plus Active tune by FTECU I get 29 mpg full throttle riding to 47 around town average. if I pussy'd around all the time in ECO mode I could get better numbers, but what fun is That? If you just change the pipe you won't notice much difference unless you take steps to balance the A/F mixture with flash or fuel controller, but you will be leaner and all that goes with it.

Thinking of getting the akra carbon but i wont if it changes economy. Currently at 71-73 mpg in full stock setting
Give it up... performance does cost fuel. with LeoVince, 2wdw's flash, DNA filter and cover, plus Active tune by FTECU I get 29 mpg full throttle riding to 47 around town average. if I wuss'd around all the time in ECO mode I could get better numbers, but what fun is That? If you just change the pipe you won't notice much difference unless you take steps to balance the A/F mixture with flash or fuel controller, but you will be leaner and all that goes with it.

Haha i meant to write 'drastically changes'. My bad

Give it up... performance does cost fuel. with LeoVince, 2wdw's flash, DNA filter and cover, plus Active tune by FTECU I get 29 mpg full throttle riding to 47 around town average. if I wuss'd around all the time in ECO mode I could get better numbers, but what fun is That? If you just change the pipe you won't notice much difference unless you take steps to balance the A/F mixture with flash or fuel controller, but you will be leaner and all that goes with it.

In my case it was drastic :), but my bike is a weekend toy, more or less, I don't give 2 hoots about mileage, if I did I would have left it stock. I went for all out performance with the exception of a  more aggressive exhaust (Akra TI) and hord box, which I deemed overkill (over budjet), for a small increase. Also got to add I am heavy handed on the throttle for an old man hehe. The r6 throttle tube does not help either. 

In my case it was drastic :), but my bike is a weekend toy, more or less, I don't give 2 hoots about mileage, if I did I would have left it stock. I went for all out performance with the exception of a  more aggressive exhaust (Akra TI) and hord box, which I deemed overkill (over budjet), for a small increase. Also got to add I am heavy handed on the throttle for an old man hehe. The r6 throttle tube does not help either.

Fair call buddy, each to their own i guess. For me my bike is my only mode of transport so im on it every day no matter the weather so i guess i might feel that mileage is a bit more important to me than it would be for some others and thats all good. Thats the beauty with this bike, you can pretty much ride it however you want and it just handles it all. As long as we can all agree its a great bike then we're all good ☺

rhb wrote: The r6 throttle tube does not help either.
On the contrary; it works fantastic :D
of course it does work!, I was being sarcastic, referring to decreased gas mileage, not its function :) 

• Premium Member

I dunno, I've seen a small gain in fuel mileage since using FT Tune's ECU reflash + installation of the Yoshimura R77 full system. Here's my Fuelly for reference. The system and reflash was done around 4/14/17. Riding has been the same. I cruise at 85mph on the highway every day to and from work so I think that's why my mileage has never been in the 50's.

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

Archived