The MT-07 Forum

[POLL] What is your favorite transmission gear?

AlbatrossCafe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
snowdriftless

Totally 3rd, Good speed range and snappy acceleration along with strong engine braking.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A Poll with out a Poll that is soooo Cool

I pick 1 - 6 as fast as you can

Oh ya

batman.jpg.901961688305604dcd6b0c7c7dc4b2c2.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

My new favorite gear is 6th gear because if all the other gears fail you can still start in 6th and go highway speeds as well. Don't believe me, check this video out. See @ 2:16 in the video. BTW, this is one of the videos that compelled me to buy my FZ-07. 

Beemer

4 minutes ago, Beemer said:

My new favorite gear is 6th gear because if all the other gears fail you can still start in 6th and go highway speeds as well. Don't believe me, check this video out. See @ 2:16 in the video. BTW, this is one of the videos that compelled me to buy my FZ-07. 

You can do highway speeds in 3rd, 4'th and 5'th as well though.

2 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

Sure you can but the question is do you want to be screaming in 3rd or 4th at 70  or more mph. for an extended period of time? I don't but you're more than welcome to it. 5th is another thing, it's just a hair lower than sixth and maybe better than 6th for the same reasons mentioned, depending on who you're talking to but I really just wanted to point out this bikes versatility, not squabble about which gear is best. It's relative.

Beemer

1 hour ago, r1limited said:

A Poll with out a Poll that is soooo Cool

I pick 1 - 6 as fast as you can

Oh ya

batman.jpg.901961688305604dcd6b0c7c7dc4b2c2.jpg

Ever miss the party but get to eat the last of the party pizza a couple days later? It's kind of like that. People see it later, it looks good and they want in on some.

Beemer

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

You forgot 2nd gear... I hit 62MPH, before I shifted into 3rd earlier today, leaving a light on an open stretch of road. I think that qualifies as highway speeds?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

45 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Sure you can but the question is do you want to be screaming in 3rd or 4th at 70  or more mph. for an extended period of time? I don't but you're more than welcome to it. 5th is another thing, it's just a hair lower than sixth and maybe better than 6th for the same reasons mentioned, depending on who you're talking to but I really just wanted to point out this bikes versatility, not squabble about which gear is best. It's relative.

How long do you plan on riding around with a broken tranmission? lol.

The thread is literally about which gear is your favorite. Squabbling about it is exactly the point of this thread! hahaha.

15 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

How long do you plan on riding around with a broken tranmission? lol.

The thread is literally about which gear is your favorite. Squabbling about it is exactly the point of this thread! hahaha.

Just admit it, you didn't like my response, it made you feel stupid and now you're trying even harder to make me look stupid in return by trying to paint me as some fool that would ride a broken bike like that after it initially broke on the road. It was hypothetical, dude. I think most people already realize this thread was just for fun anyway, not to be taken seriously like an oil or suspension thread would be taken. If you go back and read all the other posts you will see that you are the only person questioning anyone's response to the OP and I am the only person being criticized for their opinion. Now who's laughing last? I recommend you not debate people if you can't take constructive criticism without being TRIGGERED.

Beemer

58 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Just admit it, you didn't like my response

I liked it

MAGA

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Just admit it, you didn't like my response, it made you feel stupid and now you're trying even harder to make me look stupid in return by trying to paint me as some fool that would ride a broken bike like that after it initially broke on the road. It was hypothetical, dude. I think most people already realize this thread was just for fun anyway, not to be taken seriously like an oil or suspension thread would be taken. If you go back and read all the other posts you will see that you are the only person questioning anyone's response to the OP and I am the only person being criticized for their opinion. Now who's laughing last? I recommend you not debate people if you can't take constructive criticism without being TRIGGERED.

At the risk of unintentionally upsetting you further, I'm not sure what you're on about here mate. I just thought the image of someone riding around in 6'th gear because it's got better fuel efficiency, all the while their transmission is busted was a funny thought.

You seem to be the one triggered... bordering on awkward and weird. It's a motorcycle forum, no need to take anything here seriously.

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Hey Beemer, didn't you know that is how topazsparrow is. Total ball buster until you call him on it, and he immediately tries to throw it back on you all the while ignoring somebody has called him out on his inane BS.

Sounds like a screaming liberal canuck, but wait.....

36 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

At the risk of unintentionally upsetting you further, I'm not sure what you're on about here mate. I just thought the image of someone riding around in 6'th gear because it's got better fuel efficiency, all the while their transmission is busted was a funny thought.

You seem to be the one triggered... bordering on awkward and weird. It's a motorcycle forum, no need to take anything here seriously.

See how you change the narrative like a lying liberal would to squirm out of admitting any wrong doing. No one said a damn thing about gas mileage. The gist was about making it home in 6th with a busted transmission or are you so dense you can't see that? That's a question, don't confuse it with name calling and get triggered, just drop it. This is dumb!

Beemer

21 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Hey Beemer, didn't you know that is how topazsparrow is. Total ball buster until you call him on it, and he immediately tries to throw it back on you all the while ignoring somebody has called him out on his inane BS.

Sounds like a screaming liberal canuck, but wait.....

Thank you for that! I don't try to keep track of the harassment I get in here but it seems I've had a go around with his arse in the past of other dumb sh*t not worth arguing over. My god, what a f.ucking irritating little pest of a mosquito. He seems to like playing hit & run like a little douche-bag. I've given this too much thought already, back to being happy.

Beemer

I don't talk about politics here, I also don't ball bust / troll anyone - anyone who bothers to read my post history can plainly see that.

You guys seem to be forming your own little group think club, aggressively applying identity politics to those who disagree without about entirely unrelated things (motorcycles gears..?) and generally being irrational.

I'm not even sure what to say at this point. Furthering this conversation seems to be a waste of time. Enjoy your hate circle jerk while the rest of us continue on happily with our lives.

^^ Baizuo ^^

1 hour ago, r1limited said:

I liked it

MAGA

lol! Thanks! it's not every day a liberal is triggered and attacks you over the use of a word, in this case a word like …..

SQUABBLE!!!! 

Ha, triggered!

SQUABBLE!!! 🤣

Beemer

10 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

I don't talk about politics here, I also don't ball bust / troll anyone - anyone who bothers to read my post history can plainly see that.

You guys seem to be forming your own little group think club, aggressively applying identity politics to those who disagree without about entirely unrelated things (motorcycles gears..?) and generally being irrational.

I'm not even sure what to say at this point. Furthering this conversation seems to be a waste of time. Enjoy your hate circle jerk while the rest of us continue on happily with our lives.

Dude, just wise up and ask yourself why it's always you and why people say the same thing about you. You need to take a hard look at yourself because you're in serious denial. You spin the truth like it's a game of spin the bottle. Pelosi would be proud. 😉

fragile-to-agile-dsdm-member-day-birmingham-14032014-2-638.jpg

Beemer

• Premium Member

I like all the gears, but if had to pick a favorite, I'd pick 2nd. Yes, you can start in any gear with practice, but with 2nd it's a no-brainer and you can stay in 2nd for a lot of riding.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, Cruizin said:

My Ban Hammer is about to come out of the toolbox. About everyone in this thread is in danger. 

Smarten the phuck up, boys. Or off to the fz07oc forum you will go. 

Sorry for the trouble. I'm a little bewildered over this military style, mass punishment. It seems to me the person that came at me personally and stirred in the sh*t should get what he or she deserves but that's just me. It's your site and I'll respect that. I'll not say anything that would even make this site interesting since it apparently attracts trouble.

Beemer

Archived