The MT-07 Forum

Cold weather motorcycycle jacket thread

Cruizin

What cold weather jacket are you wearing? I use the same one that I use in spring and cooler summer days.

LINK Klim Apex Jacket

http://images0.revzilla.com/product_images/0120/6938/klim_apex_jacket_detail.jpg

Not your normal cold weather jacket, but it comes with 3 layers of gortex, Aqua guard zippers, 11 pockets, 3 hidden pockets. A lot of padding.

What do you wear when it gets colder? Post a link so others can check it out!

• Premium Member

I use " first gear " heated jacket and pant liners http://www.revzilla.com/product/firstgear-heated-jacket-liner

I use these under my AGV 2pc leather suit...it was 40°f last night and I decided to only wear just the jacket liner unDer my jacket and I was somewhat comfortable at 75% power...with a thermal shirt or sweat shirt under jacket it's barely turned up to 40-50% ...I have not tested the pant liners yet as my AGV leather pants do excellent job of wind blocking on this bike...when it rains I put my rain suit over my gear to stay dry...by the time you plug in jacket and have helmet on and it's been like maybe not even 1 min, you start feeling the heat...they also make do as nice windblocking gear if heat is not needed..takes me 2 mins to swap power units between my 2 bikes...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

lol cold weather im in cali!!!!!!!!!!!  

Im looking at the Alpinestars Gunner WP Jacket
I hear ya! Not that it can't get cold in Fl. but for the most part I can put the liner in my Scorpion mesh jacket with a sweatshirt underneath and I'm good to go! That Klim Apex jacket is still pretty bad-ass and I especially like the 3 hidden pockets ....  P-)  

Beemer

• Premium Member

@simbadc650 - Hey! It gets hella cold thooooo!

There are days when a sweater and a WP jacket still aren't enough. Wind chill while riding is a factor!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

@simbadc650 - Hey! It gets hella cold thooooo! 
There are days when a sweater and a WP jacket still aren't enough. Wind chill while riding is a factor!
hehe yeah i got my leather jacket last winter, but even that dont cut it sumtimes, bay area fog is no joke.  

• Premium Member
speedand_strength_off_the_chain20_textile_jacket_vint_blk_vintage_black_detail.jpgSpeed and Strength Off The Chain 2.0 Textile Jacket

had this for awhile now.  plenty toasty, even without the liner.

So how you liking that jacket?  I like the look, but since I'm kinda on the small / slim side (5'10' - 38" chest 30" waist) I worry that it might not work fit and protection wise.  

Why can't left turners see us?

speedand_strength_off_the_chain20_textile_jacket_vint_blk_vintage_black_detail.jpgSpeed and Strength Off The Chain 2.0 Textile Jacket

had this for awhile now.  plenty toasty, even without the liner.

So how you liking that jacket?  I like the look, but since I'm kinda on the small / slim side (5'10' - 38" chest 30" waist) I worry that it might not work fit and protection wise.
i like it alot.  i have a heavy leather as well, and i wear this much more.  im not that slim tho

• Premium Member
i like it alot.  i have a heavy leather as well, and i wear this much more.  im not that slim tho
I ordered one in small.   Hey... it's Revzilla.  If it doesn't fit, I'll send it back. ;) 

I ordered one in small.   Hey... it's Revzilla.  If it doesn't fit, I'll send it back. ;)
AGV Sport Telluride Jacket runs a size to a size and half big, i look like the marshmallow man from ghostbusters, gotta send it back and of course sold out..... but the pants are cooll

• Premium Member

I have the Scorpion Hat Trick II jacket, although mine doesn't have the silly logo on it (which I'm glad it doesn't).

Comes with a windbreaker/waterproof liner and a thinsulate like inner liner. I've worn it down to 50 degrees and it kept me seriously warm, I was very impressed. Curious to see how well it does when it gets cooler.

For pants I just put thermals on underneath my jeans and that's worked, but I'm sure any cooler than 50 and I would need something a little heavier.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I have the Scorpion Hat Trick II jacket, although mine doesn't have the silly logo on it (which I'm glad it doesn't). 
Comes with a windbreaker/waterproof liner and a thinsulate like inner liner. I've worn it down to 50 degrees and it kept me seriously warm, I was very impressed. Curious to see how well it does when it gets cooler.

For pants I just put thermals on underneath my jeans and that's worked, but I'm sure any cooler than 50 and I would need something a little heavier.

I like that jacket, thanks for posting the link

• Premium Member
Thanks @crazyjay! I just got mine today.
[attachment id=2389" thumbnail="1] 
Nice jacket and I love the look.  It's hard to tell in the picture but it's actually a 600 denier water resistant nylon shell dyed to look "vintage".
It kept me warm today riding into work @ 42 degrees and frost on my car window.  (I also had a [a href=http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-aggressor-10-shirt-2015]kilm Agreessor 1.0[/a] undershirt underneath that is a great buy on closeout).
Probably wouldn't withstand below freezing temps without some smart layering, but I won't be riding in that anyway.
As far as sizing, I'm usually between and a medium and a small.  I went with the small because it said they ran large. It fits about perfect because it's a little snug with hoody, and still a good fit without.  The shoulder expansion gusset is a nice touch and keeps it comfortable for the bar reach.  The protection placement seems perfect and is comfortable enough that it's unnoticable.

Depends on definition of cold. And as this is an international forum you need to put the unit behind the number. Only US and in some cases Britain use Fahrenheit ( and then only the public).
I found the Olympia adventure jacket with variable ventilation and RST adventure pants also with variable ventilation pretty good from 44deg C to 0deg C. They come with removeable warm and/or wet linings as well . They work exceedingly well but you look like a stormtrooper ( comment stolen from Paul Parker's book about record setting on a diesel motorcycle).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I just use my leather or textile jackets that have wind liners in them, along with a runner's base layer longsleeve, a t shirt, and a thin sweater underneath. LOL. Hey, its good to 32 degrees but nothing lower!

I have a separate jacket for summer riding, but I won't buy anything for winter unless I plan on riding in winter rain/snow, but that won't be happening.

I think gloves are the most important cold dedicated gear for cold weather riding.

• Premium Member

found out the other day if I wear my heated jacket or pant liners as the first layer of clothing after your underwear and t-shirt are on and use really really snug fitting clothing layer like thermal underwear over the heated liners so it puts all the heat closer to you and uses less power to stay warm...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 3 weeks later...

Archived