The MT-07 Forum

Just mail ordered my MT07 (FZ07)

rhb

• Premium Member

@rhb Happy new bike! About the shifting. I think at least a few people have commented about the clunky shifting, so unless it's extreme, I wouldn't worry about it, and after some KMs it should improve. The vibration though... I haven't heard of complaints at lower rpms. Maybe up around 6 and higher it can be felt, but shouldn't be bad. It would be good if you could fins someone else with one to trade for a bit and compare.

Why can't left turners see us?

Congratulations
Thanks Boylit, are you on the Facebook MT07 group in Manila? just joined.
Didn't know there was any. Can you add me up? Boylit De Guzman

@rhb Happy new bike! About the shifting. I think at least a few people have commented about the clunky shifting, so unless it's extreme, I wouldn't worry about it, and after some KMs it should improve. The vibration though... I haven't heard of complaints at lower rpms. Maybe up around 6 and higher it can be felt, but shouldn't be bad. It would be good if you could fins someone else with one to trade for a bit and compare.
Thanks, When I say lower I mean about 5-6000 RPM. have not taken it beyond that yet. It is not bad, but its like my single 200cc bike, I just had an expectation of smoother. Maybe my head. Once I change out the oil the shifting should improve.

Welcome! My first bike was also a '65 Triumph. Still have her actually. Mine's a bit smaller displacement of course :)RYDfa5_S.jpg

OMG! Now that's a bike! (gettin' back to basics) 

rhb

My X was Filipino but I never made it over there. I would love to ride around in those remote areas you mentioned and that bridge looks awesome! I think I could just sit on it all day long and day dream but my X would probably vaporize and ruin it.  :P

Beemer

• Premium Member

Nice! The shifter should feel better after the first service.

@boylit - De Guzman huh... I know one here in SoCal. Have any relatives here? Haha.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

@boylit - De Guzman huh... I know one here in SoCal. Have any relatives here? Haha.
Relatives are in SFO and Orange County. De Guzman's a fairly common name here.

• Premium Member
Relatives are in SFO and Orange County. De Guzman's a fairly common name here.
I feel like every Filipino name is common LOL. I'm Filipino too :P 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived