The MT-07 Forum

Just wrecked my fz07 at the track...

ddog

As I approached the corner the man in front of me slowed down drastically, to the point where I was suddenly about to eat his rear tire. I grabbed front brake too heavy and my rear came up. I went over the bars and either the bike, myself, or both impacted the rider in front of me. My head and right shoulder slammed into the ground, and we slid to a stop. Luckily no one behind us hit either one of us.

Now I get to replace my bars, display, and perhaps a few other things; after I deal with a separated shoulder, that is.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Heal fast and get back at it. I'm glad you're alright.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

Get well asap @ddog... and get back on
Was the other rider alright?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Dude! @ddog glad to hear you were able to walk away! Unfortunate situation you got stuck in with a less skilled rider in front of you. I lowsided my FZ earlier today at the Mulholland Snake, so I know how ya feel today haha. Thankfully only very minor damage to replace on my ride tho!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

Glad to see you got off relatively unscathed, but a separated shoulder still doesn't sound like fun :(

Bike can be fixed, but you on the other hand...get well soon!

:)

- Paulie

Glad you're not hurt too bad and wishing you a speedy recovery. You learned from it so get back out there soon and live it up! Fun is outside the bubble.  ;)

Beemer

Get well asap @ddog... and get back on Was the other rider alright?

He was better off than myself. He said he thought he might have injured a rib. Thankfully we both walked away.

Dude! @ddog glad to hear you were able to walk away! Unfortunate situation you got stuck in with a less skilled rider in front of you. I lowsided my FZ earlier today at the Mulholland Snake, so I know how ya feel today haha. Thankfully only very minor damage to replace on my ride tho!

Glad to hear you're alright!

That's why I like to go offline a little if the guy in front is slower.

Yeah I would have but there was a little congestion in the area already. Another rider to my right and dirt to my left.

I managed to race for years with only 2 get off's . None serious. I am only game to say that because I can't race anymore and can't jinx it.
Yes that is almost certainly because I wasn't going fast enough ( except in the wet cause I love racing in the wet...told you I was weird ).

Get well and make sure you get a good physio to help you get it back in shape. If US physios are as good as Aussie ones ( it's harder here to get in to physiotherapy courses than to be a doctor) , what ever they tell you to do , DO IT. And don't push your recovery or you may go backwards.
Were you racing or just a track day? If you race and the tracks have volunteers for the flaggies, go volunteer to be a flaggie until you are fixed up. You will learn heaps. You won't be as annoyed you aren't racing. You can get to watch every rider attack a corner, good and bad, fast and slow. And you can get way closer than the ordinary public to areas of the track that the public can't to do it. Usually even take pictures and videos ( just don't get distracted from the flaggie job as it is important it is done right).
Have fun . Get better. Be nice to your 07.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I managed to race for years with only 2 get off's . None serious. I am only game to say that because I can't race anymore and can't jinx it. Yes that is almost certainly because I wasn't going fast enough ( except in the wet cause I love racing in the wet...told you I was weird ).

Get well and make sure you get a good physio to help you get it back in shape. If US physios are as good as Aussie ones ( it's harder here to get in to physiotherapy courses than to be a doctor) , what ever they tell you to do , DO IT. And don't push your recovery or you may go backwards.
Were you racing or just a track day? If you race and the tracks have volunteers for the flaggies, go volunteer to be a flaggie until you are fixed up. You will learn heaps. You won't be as annoyed you aren't racing. You can get to watch every rider attack a corner, good and bad, fast and slow. And you can get way closer than the ordinary public to areas of the track that the public can't to do it. Usually even take pictures and videos ( just don't get distracted from the flaggie job as it is important it is done right).
Have fun . Get better. Be nice to your 07.

It was just a track day, not racing. I'm not excited about the ridiculous amount of down time I have ahead of me, but I think the flagging would be a good way to stay in it. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everyone is okay. If I might ask, where did you purchase your FZ07? I am in Nor Cal looking for the best deal possible.

Take care.

M50(Greg)

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everyone is okay. If I might ask, where did you purchase your FZ07? I am in Nor Cal looking for the best deal possible.  
Take care.

M50(Greg)

Yuba city Honda Yamaha! Good luck with your search.

• Premium Member

Argh. That sucks.

Hope your recovery is fast and complete.
How did the other rider fare?

Argh. That sucks. 
Hope your recovery is fast and complete.
How did the other rider fare?

He wound up with a rib injury of some sort, possibly separated. Bent his sub frame as well. He was walking alright though, thankfully.

• Premium Member

SORRY to hear it, but if one is going to race it's always a possibility. Racing entails danger; it's something every racer has to come to grips with in one way or another, and accept. All the best in the future.

(Additionally, something I realize I failed to note here... a classmate in high school and prehaps one of the most promising people I've ever known died in his junior year in a short-track racing accident.)

• Premium Member

Snap! Rest up!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Take care.

M50(Greg)
Go see Pete at Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento, or Russ at Modesto Yamaha (the Braap Shop). 

Archived