The MT-07 Forum

Neglected FZ-07

rxSpeeD

I was just cruising around and came upon this neglected FZ-07. Shed a tear for a brother  :'(

Ya_Dx7n_E_Imgur.jpg

sw1ed_Z3_Imgur.jpg

p_JYU7e_S_Imgur.jpg

0q_Lo_HRo_Imgur.jpg

Bonus pic of my bike

MZYv9_U0_Imgur.jpg

God. That thing looks like it hadn't been ridden in a year or so. There are cobwebs on the turn signals. Lol Did it havr a licence plate on it?

God. That thing looks like it hadn't been ridden in a year or so. There are cobwebs on the turn signals. Lol Did it havr a licence plate on it?
Yea, it did. I'm surprised it hasn't been stolen yet. You can see the bike from the street. I was tempted to leave a note offering to buy the bike for a cheap price but one look at my bank account told me that wasn't a good idea.

Was anything damaged other than the turn signals and headlight?

Might have got him/herself in some trouble early on with it and scared him/herself too much to ride it more.

Might have got him/herself in some trouble early on with it and scared him/herself too much to ride it more.
The only damage I saw was a bent clutch lever and broken right turn signal. Other than that, it looked like it was a good shape besides all the rust, dust, and cobwebs. 

• Premium Member

These pictures remind me of seeing them animal humane society advertising on late night TV ?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The only damage I saw was a bent clutch lever and broken right turn signal. Other than that, it looked like it was a good shape besides all the rust, dust, and cobwebs.
Oh, I didn't even notice the lever before. But if you look again, both turn signals are broken and the headlight is busted. Headlight housing probably broke it's mount too, as it doesn't look square with the turn signal housing. 
Zooming in on your pic though... the clutch side has scrapes on the radiator guard, on the side cover, tip of the kickstand, edge of the mirror, bar end, as well as the Yamaha emblem.

So yeah, I'm betting they got themselves into a scary situation and won't be going back on it.

Oh, I didn't even notice the lever before. But if you look again, both turn signals are broken and the headlight is busted. Headlight housing probably broke it's mount too, as it doesn't look square with the turn signal housing. 
Zooming in on your pic though... the clutch side has scrapes on the radiator guard, on the side cover, tip of the kickstand, edge of the mirror, bar end, as well as the Yamaha emblem.

So yeah, I'm betting they got themselves into a scary situation and won't be going back on it.

Yup, you're probably right. It's just hard to see with all that dust on it

Elvishpresley
You inspired me to make this video 
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAcjvMkGvM]
Oh my this is what i wanted so bad 

That's a good possibility. If they got thrown in jail or prison and the plates are valid it could sit somewhere for god knows how long before someone else decides it needs to be moved. I've seen similar happen.

Beemer

RIP FZ 
It will go down with the other greats - Gandhi, Abe Lincoln, Harambe...

PS: The bonus pic of your bike was totally unnecessary LOL

Do I need to edit my post AGAIN to please you albatrosscafe? Like that crash video I posted? You just hate me don't ya??? Lol

SAD. It's been crashed both sides and left out to die. Maybe owner's in jail?

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

You inspired me to make this video 
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAcjvMkGvM]
This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Lol

• Premium Member

I actually felt bad for my fz-07 after seeing the video since my fj-09 is getting all the attention lately past couple weeks... So the fz got a bath and a chance to go run around town...then when we got home I found her rabies vaccine tag(license plate) was ripping itself off the collar and we both wanna avoid animal control so it was fixed by relocating more inside the collar...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

My guess is it's either stolen or the owner is in the military and deployed. Sad to see either way tho.
Stolen would be my 1st guess since it's wrecked.

Beemer

People steal bikes to sell them, not let them rot away in a parking lot.

Military people typically don't leave their possessions sitting in parking spots like this while they're deployed (Multiple deployments under my belt).

Chances are high that this is someone that had never rode before, bought a bike, wrecked, and scared themselves into never riding again.

Archived