The MT-07 Forum

Got an MT07 ABS last week.

boylit

Quite the nice upgrade in power for her.

What were her/your thoughts on the KTM? I've been considering one as an upgrade for my wife. She started on a Honda Grom/MSX125, but that got stolen two weeks ago, so I'm thinking maybe we'll upgrade her. Her only "problem" is her height (5'3"/160cm).

• Premium Member

Congrats!
I love how you have two separate galleries. One of you in the pictures and one of her. Looks like you'll be riding her MT07 more than she will. :P

Quite the nice upgrade in power for her. 
What were her/your thoughts on the KTM? I've been considering one as an upgrade for my wife. She started on a Honda Grom/MSX125, but that got stolen two weeks ago, so I'm thinking maybe we'll upgrade her. Her only "problem" is her height (5'3"/160cm).

The KTM is a mixed bag. She rode it for 2 years and learned a lot from it. Here are some of the thoughts my wife and I agree on about it:

1. It's a fun bike.
Very light. Very agile. Short gearing. Fun in the twisties. Great for city riding except (more on this later)...
2. Build quality is mixed.
Most of the components are great and fit well but some just feel cheap and/or badly spec'd. The hand levers are terribly out of spec. Too small for they're mounted on, they flap up and down. The shifter lever play is also annoyingly long even after adjustment. The gas cap sometimes won't hold open and plops closed even with the key weighing it back. Other than those, the bike is well built and looks great.
3. It's very unintimidating for a new rider.
Low seat height. Low weight. Lower power.
4. Great in city riding except...
Again, weight and size play big roles in this. The only caveat is the heat. The bike's running temperature is 1 bar below overheat. Worse, the radiator fan is positioned in such a way that it blows almost all the hot air onto your left knee. In traffic, the only comfortable way to ride it is with your left leg splayed out like an outrigger.

Hope that helps.

Congrats! I love how you have two separate galleries. One of you in the pictures and one of her. Looks like you'll be riding her MT07 more than she will. :P

Hahaha. Mine is the maxi scooter in the back. When riding harder, I prefer to use my Aprilia 1200.

Nice upgrade for her. Nice pics, too! Anyone ever accuse you of reminding them of Charles Bronson just a tad? A younger Charlie of course.

Beemer

Guest 2wheeler
Anyone ever accuse you of reminding them of Charles Bronson just a tad? A younger Charlie of course.
Who's Charles Bronson??? 
Showing your age Beemer says the 58 year old guy  :D

• Premium Member
Anyone ever accuse you of reminding them of Charles Bronson just a tad? A younger Charlie of course.
Who's Charles Bronson??? 

I'm 32 and I just made a reference to the guy a few weeks ago on this forums.
Edit: see picture here: http://fz07.org/thread/6561/short-life-expectancey
He's the actor from the Death Wish movies (all 5 of them :P )

Guest 2wheeler
Who's Charles Bronson??? 

He's the actor from the Death Wish movies (all 5 of them :P )
Dude, I was so being sarcastic! I totally grew up with all of his movies - great actor! 
If you haven't seen the "Dirty Dozen", it rates as a one of the all time badass war movies, and yes, Bronson is in it.

• Premium Member
Dude, I was so being sarcastic!

Sometimes it's hard to tell sarcasm from the posts, insert a pirate emoji or something after sarcastic comments. Haha. I'll take your advice and watch the Dirty Dozen though.
It's a good thing Charles is on the forums to explain the plot to me after I watch it since my simpleton brain apparently can't even tell sarcasm.

Nice upgrade for her. Nice pics, too! Anyone ever accuse you of reminding them of Charles Bronson just a tad? A younger Charlie of course.
No but I get confused for Jabba the Hutt a lot when I'm at the beach... :D

On another note, my assitant who also rides a Duke 390 was checking out the MT07 when I took the bike in for 1st service...

768687b6f93ae511342223f91fcd7098.jpg

What a shame   :'(    If you were Pizza the Hutt you could toss some of that cheese and pepperoni on your assistant and reeeeeeally satisfy my craving.   P-)   Arrrrgh!

[attachment id=2385" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

• Premium Member

Sweet! Congrats to the wifey... Though it looks like you're going to be sharing it?

I'm assuming the matching helmet is for you? LOL

Regardless, love the pants. Which brand and model are they???

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Sweet! Congrats to the wifey... Though it looks like you're going to be sharing it?  
I'm assuming the matching helmet is for you? LOL

Regardless, love the pants. Which brand and model are they???
Hahaha.

All hers. I ride an Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200, Husqvarna Nuda 900 and a Kymco Xciting 400 (scooter).

Pants are Komine riding jeans.

376e4a518601c8306bf6dd1661a5d69f.jpg

66dd95143cd34331fa148e5d3f85605a.jpg

f6f2fd56a62a873c377574bee0c062b1.jpg

What a shame   :'(    If you were Pizza the Hutt you could toss some of that cheese and pepperoni on your assistant and reeeeeeally satisfy my craving.   P-)   Arrrrgh! 
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="2385]

Would it be more satisfying that she was a fashion model before my wife hired her as my assistant?

ebbf514bed307970aa4321cfcbeac183.jpg

• Premium Member

Now for a pic of the wife on the bike with the matching helmet.... :D

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Nah, that wouldn't surprise me because she's so fine but take a wild guess at what would reeeeeeeally satisfy me.

BTW, interesting wife. I can't help but wonder what other candy coated mines she laid out. Watch that step!!  ;)

Beemer

Hahaha.

True that.

Still lucky she allows my little insanities (hobbies) like motorcycles and nude photography.

"Look, but don't touch.
Touch, but don't taste.
Taste, but don't swallow." - John Milton

Cheers!!!

aa881a65fdf83b765aa577077edd604d.jpg

Archived