The MT-07 Forum

Upgraded my headlight. Yey!

606shark

What do U guys think? It's from a jeep and works great. I just need to find a bigger bracket to go around the forks. It fit right into place without any cutting.

284ccda9923fdd218a2f94a407c0f203.jpg

548c124ac61dc3ddff0d66dc45fb1add.jpg

1a2e85aeb7d62623d70bafe01c48294b.jpg

Yeah, I'd need to see it lighting up the road before I make a judgment call. Lol If it aesthetically looks good that's great, but if it can't light up the road properly, then the looks aren't worth it to me.

• Premium Member

That's pretty slick. Have you thought about wiring the DRLs from the turns to the wiring for the DRLs on this light?

I ask because I dig the light a lot and will be replacing the front turns with LEDs with no DRL wire and if I were to get this light I'm curious to know if I can rewire the DRLs to this.

How'd you mount this? I'm willing to give a try for the price.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

so do they turn on without drl or never come on right now?
The bracket you made to install did you make that your self?

read a bunch of reviews looks good.. but the low beam is pretty weak.. so running high beam seems to be what everyone is doing as low beam. the DRL can be spliced into your already running DRL with 1 wire for power and ground already going back 

it is jus the bracket to hold it on is what I am interested in. 

They do make a headlight with blinkers built in but I didn't like that. This is DRL only that I connected to the stock harness with one wire. The rest is just plug and play. I got spacers and bolts from tv mount that I had left over that worked perfect for the fitment. I ordered brakets to mount to the forks but they were too short. I still used them for support, but I'll need to find or make something to mount that bracket to the forks. Other than that, it was super easy to mount without having to cut anything. Just removed the stock headlight and used everything else to mount the new light. I've always used hi- beams when I ride and same with this one.

They do make a headlight with blinkers built in but I didn't like that. This is DRL only that I connected to the stock harness with one wire. The rest is just plug and play. I got spacers and bolts from tv mount that I had left over that worked perfect for the fitment. I ordered brakets to mount to the forks but they were too short. I still used them for support, but I'll need to find or make something to mount that bracket to the forks. Other than that, it was super easy to mount without having to cut anything. Just removed the stock headlight and used everything else to mount the new light. I've always used hi- beams when I ride and same with this one.
What do the bracket to the forks do right now? what are they needed for if you are not able to use them right now? 

ahh so it is a brace. are those metal 'zap straps'? looks nice. can you take a close up photo of the bracket it self? really loving it the more I look at it.

Just gotta find something other than those zip ties. I have the bracket for 41mm forks, but I didn't take into consideration for the sleeve. That means cutting into the black fork sleeve. Then I'll make a cover for underneath to clean up the wires.

topazsparrow
this might be helpful too. Especially 4:12 in and for the impatient: 11:43 https://www.youtube.com/4485542a-d48f-4073-9e03-022cead99699

I think I'll be giving this a hard look.
https://www.amazon.com/JW-Speaker-8700-Evolution-Headlight
Both links fail to show anything.. not sure why.. but they do not work.
Didn't work for me either, try this one: https://www.amazon.com/JW-Speaker-8700-Evolution-Headlight/dp/B00GMRM3KA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1475903363&sr=8-3&keywords=jw+speaker 
Damn near 300 bucks... no thanks.

Archived